2015 Key West - PDI Questions

rdgt67

Re: 2015 key west

I guess they are overall. The tv satellite cable thing is dragging me down. I thought I did a pretty good pdi but apparently I missed c a few things. The outside tv doesn't recognize the cable. Got the living room and bedroom going. Service forgets you exist once your back tires leave the lot.

Bones

Sometimes it feels like that. You may want to chase the splitter down to see if something is going on there.

TxCowboy

Pat, just got down to the RV in Rockport. There is a connection for the satellite in the upper left hand cabinet above the television in the living room. Also, make sure your connections to the rear of the living room TV are tight. That bundle of cables behind the living room TV can be intimidating!!

Last edited:

rdgt67

Been an interesting afternoon. Three people showed up at my trailer and,none,with tools. The owner of Explore USA, the regional manager and,the service manager
After some discussion they said have it there first thing in f he morning and I can wait on it
Don't have a clue why they all showed up but it, changed my opinion. They RE going to run a continuity check on the cable and satellite systems
Will post more later but so far so good.

Bones

Been an interesting afternoon. Three people showed up at my trailer and,none,with tools. The owner of Explore USA, the regional manager and,the service manager
After some discussion they said have it there first thing in f he morning and I can wait on it
Don't have a clue why they all showed up but it, changed my opinion. They RE going to run a continuity check on the cable and satellite systems
Will post more later but so far so good.
Hopefully it works out for you and good luck. Yes that is weird but they showed up

TxCowboy

Pat, that's one heck of a group you had show up! I'm sure it will all turn out well tomorrow. :)

rdgt67

After some name checking one of the group was the owner and founder of Explore USA. Brian Booker. His profile said they do exactly what he did. My hat is off to Explore USA.

TxCowboy

Pat, glad you're have such a good experience. These little ankle biters happen but you've got the top dogs looking out for you. Keep us posted. :)

rdgt67

It went exactly as advertised this morning. The tires had barely stopped turning before I had a crowd working on it. Every thing was fixed that I had was resolved. I will say that I am pressed with those guys. My initial impression was fixed by excellent customer service.

TxCowboy

Good to hear, Pat. Hope you and Deb are both happy with your new Key West! Looking forward to hearing from you soon and seeing y'all again in the Spring! :)

rdgt67

3 quick questions:
1. When you use your black tank flush once you disconnect does water run back out of the fitting?
2. The bedroom slide does it have a piece of trim that hides the seal on the side by the bathroom door? It would run from the floor to the ceiling.
3. Same for the kitchen slide by the frige.

Bones

3 quick questions:
1. When you use your black tank flush once you disconnect does water run back out of the fitting?
2. The bedroom slide does it have a piece of trim that hides the seal on the side by the bathroom door? It would run from the floor to the ceiling.
3. Same for the kitchen slide by the frige.
I can only help with one question as I don't have a landmark.
number 1 is a yes for me

TxCowboy

3 quick questions:

Yes, but not very much. My old Greystone did the same thing.

Here's our slide trim nearest the bathroom door.

20151009_110818.jpg

3. Same for the kitchen slide by the fridge.

And here's the fridge trim.

20151009_110758.jpg

Pat, here's my contribution in blue above.

And why this website posts the pics sideways is beyond me.

Question for ya, Pat. Does your dining room / recliner slide ceiling slope toward the outside? Laurie thought the lamp shade over the dining table was crooked but it looks like the whole ceiling is actually angled downward toward the outside. I think it's just a visual illusion. What say you?

rdgt67

I put a level on it and its pretty close to level. I stayed over in boerne to catch up a bit and have been doing more inspecting
Seems the check valve in the black tank wash out is probably installed backwards. My bighorn was and the indication is water running back out one you disconnect it. I have some trim and slide adjustment issues. Service said they would have to file a claim with heartland but I will mess with it I'm ft. Worth. Still having issues,with satellite

TxCowboy

I guess it's possible that my black water check value is also installed backwards. Not sure I'd recognize the check value though. LOL

jimtoo

You will always get a little water draining out when you disconnect from the flush line. The check valve/vacuum breaker is located, usually up in the shower wall, higher than any other water connection. When you stop flushing and remove your hose, the checkvalve part keeps the black tank from backflowing, the vacuum breaker opens and releases water on the input side so there will be no chance of check failing and the water in the line pulling the black tank water out to the connection.

Jim M

ksucats

Mine also drains a bit when I remove the hose. Always took it as the water that was in the line from the back-flow preventer to the water inlet.

As for the slide roof - I just recently (yesterday) saw a short youtube video that mentioned that the slide out roofs were purposely slanted that way to help move rain water away from the seals and coach. I think it was the one where they go through the water leakage site - I remember them saying that they take 12 coaches a day and subject them to this test. OBVIOUSLY mine was not one of them because we got a LOT of water in going and coming back from New Mexico last and earlier this week. Not a real happy camper right now but that is a completely other post.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Your black tank flush valves are not installed backwards, I believe that they take 18lbs of pressure to open the valve, so when you turn off your water to the flush, there is still 17lbs of water pressure that come back out after the pressure dips below 18lbs. That is all pre-valve so it is clear fresh water, not contaminated water from the black water flush tank.

Rod

rdgt67

My 2011 bighorn 3670RL didn't back drain once the value was installed correctly. Will fight that battle later. That makes sense on the slides.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdgt67

I got my trailer vack home today and az I was putting my tire,covers on I noticed by the left rear jack brown and white wire coming out of the trailer that was cut. Didn't see anywhere for it to go. I also no tx iced a lot of rust on the jack hydraulic hoses. Any one else got this?