2015 Landmark Newport original suspension equipment

Ann&Ted

Would someone know what the original manufacturer for the shock and spring assembly for the Newport?
Also, without taking off the wheels, could someone guess as to the breaks? Drum vs disk?
I just had my rig into the repair center and should have asked, They had the wheels pulled and checked the tires, breaks, hub grease and shocks. I don't know why I didn't ask at that time...

Ted

jbeletti

Ted, generally, the axles, springs and brakes will be Dexter. The brakes, unless you ordered differently, will be electric drum type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ann&Ted

Thanks Jim. I was just wondering since I have seen recent posts about the springs going flat. I never heard of that happening before.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. I was just wondering since I have seen recent posts about the springs going flat. I never heard of that happening before.

I haven't heard of flat springs on a LM in quite a while but I can no longer read every forum post :)

danemayer

I don't recall any posts about Landmark springs going flat in the past few years. And I'd say in general that flat spring posts are fairly few across all models. I know of one Sundance that just recently had to replace springs, and I think we've all seen the pictures of JohnD's old trailer at least 15 times (no need to post again John). There are probably a few others that aren't coming to mind.

If you have the standard suspension, it's way more likely that you'll wear out a shackle link or bushing in your suspension over the first 2 or 3 years than having the springs go flat.

Always a good idea to inspect your suspension parts a few times a year.