2016 Torque 321 landing gear problem

jetmech36

I went to load up the rv to the truck for our week long trip this afternoon and the electric landing gear will only extend and not retract. I was able to rotate the cross bar to get it lowered onto the truck, so at least we're still a go for tomorrow. Has anyone had this specific issue before, what did you do to correct it? I did several searches, but wasn't able to find a defect quite like mine.
Thanks, Randy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You said electric correct ?
Did you look for the motor. It should be in the front compartmnent behind the switch or at the motor.
Do you have 1 switch for both legs or 1 switch for each leg ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

The switch may have failed on one side. You may have another switch elsewhere, like to run stabilizers. If so, take a picture of both switches with wires attached so you can get things back together correctly and try using the other switch.

Attachments

• DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 12

jetmech36

Yes, it is electric and I only have the one switch that runs the motor up and down. I was kinda thinking the switch may have gone bad as well.
My switch has heat shrink around it on the back side, so once I get back I'll trim it away and try the hot wiring idea. I'll also touch base with my dealer and see what it'll take to order a switch, if that turns out to be the problem.
Thanks everyone for the quick help,