2nd AC 2022 North Trail 26DBS

tgokaydin

We purchased a 2022 North Trail, 26DBS. We were told that it was wired for a second AC. Jonny Walker RV service in Las Vegas claims that there is no space to install a second AC to the roof!! Has anyone successfully installed a second AC to this model? Are we having issues with the Hartland's design or the service center? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does your rig have a ceiling vent?
If so that is where the second AC would go.
Also, does your rig have a 50 amp shore cord? You will need a 50 amp service to run two ACs. However, there is a way to run a second AC without 50 amps.

Peace
Dave

tgokaydin

Yes, the bedroom has a vent and we have 50 AMP on board. However, the Johnny Walker Service center in Las Vegas, told us that the second AC will interfere with the slide-out because there was not enough space to place an AC!! I am not sure if the service center is correct or there is a design issue with the Hartland. For this reason, I wanted to find out, if anyone knows the facts!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what brand or model AC it will hang down about two or three inches.
So as previously mentioned check how much room you have from the top of the slide to the ceiling when the slide is in.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Contacted Hartland. They confirm that our unit can accommodate a second AC. On Monday, I will have another dealer take a look at it.
You may want to consider an independent repair place to install the 2nd AC unit. They would probably get it done faster.
If you are willing to travel to Indiana, there is a place up in Shipshewana that works on these rigs.