3160 storage

BusManRG

The amount of boxes in my garage from Amazon and CW is telling me that I'm pretty much shopped out. Now it's time to start thinking about storage! In our Class C we used mostly clear plastic containers. Plan is to do the same on our new unit. I've seen some containers I like better than our old ones, so out with the old and in with the new! But before I start buying, I want to make sure I buy sizes that will stack nicely in the storage area. Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the pass through storage compartment on the Big Horn 3160? The dealer we purchased from does not currently have that model on their lot and I haven't been able to find the dimensions published anywhere.
Thank you,
Sandy

rono

We have been looking at the 3160EL for awhile now. Really like the overall floor plan and amenities of the coach but are a little bit worried about the size of the basement since we own a 3070rl and its basement is wider on the door side. Getting ready to have a dealer measure the one he has to see how much I'm loosing to see if I can stand the loss of space. Will post measurements we I get them.

Oregon_Camper

It is your lucky day. I just brought our 3160EL home about 4 hours ago...we're leaving this weekend.

The basement door (main door side of trailer) is 40" wide (38" where the shocks connect to hold door up) and 28.5" tall.

To be honest, there is SOOO much storage space inside the 3160EL, that my wife and I have empty cabinets...and I don't even use the drawers in the closet. One thing we did to really open up the bedroom was to remove the closet doors. Now our dog has a great place to sleep (he is 12 year old lab) and we don't have to do the "closet door shuffle" to get into closet. Plus, I thought the mirrors belong in the 70's. Disco ball anyone?? :)

Rono...as far as your concern about a smaller basement is concerned, the 3160EL also has another outside storage compartment (driver side..rear) that holds a bunch of stuff. I keep all my hoses...gloves...sewer connectors...etc in there. If you haven't seen this in person, it might help rest your mind about the smaller basement.

Feel free to ask more questions. You have until 3pm on Friday...then I'm outta here.

SNOKING

We really the extra counter space that the 3575el offers it butler's pantry area, plus a lot of storage in the bath room. Plus the King Bed.

Oregon_Camper

We really the extra counter space that the 3575el offers it butler's pantry area, plus a lot of storage in the bath room. Plus the King Bed.

That is a nice floor-plan for sure, but for us we wanted a larger pantry in kitchen vs having that large space (normally for washer/dryer) in the bedroom.

We also camp in remote locations (as you can see in my signature picture) and the extra 4 feet trailer length was a big deal for us.

SNOKING

We wanted to stay at 35-36', however we wanted the King Bed and the rectangular shower, so ended up with the 39'4" length OA. Basically we will tow it back and forth to Arizona from Washington. Chris

rono

Thanks Oregon for the measurements. I pull tandem that's why I want to stay under the 36ft mark if at all possible. We like our 3070 cause of it's length, it lets me pull tandem without being to much over length. But we went from a 35'11" Cadinal down to this 34'9" Bighorn and are wanting to go back up a little in length now that we have retired and travel a little more with the boats and the 3160el is real kind of best of both worlds.

BusManRG

It is your lucky day. I just brought our 3160EL home about 4 hours ago...we're leaving this weekend.

The basement door (main door side of trailer) is 40" wide (38" where the shocks connect to hold door up) and 28.5" tall.

Thanks! And I've just printed out your PDI checklists. Our unit should be here in a week or so!

Sandy