3670 Leaning to right side

LMG

I have a 2008 3670 Bighorn. It is noticably leaning to the right, both when we are set up and when we are going down the road. The service tech, after looking at it, agreed it was leaning. However he did not look at the suspension or frame. He said he was sure it was because we have 3 slides on that side and one was the kitchen, which is very heavy.

Is it normal for this unit to lean? I don't want to assume the tech was right and then have a big problem later.

Thanks, Mike

boatdoc

To the right???? Do you mean door side or off door side. You might crawl under it and take a peak at your springs. Take a look at MY "springs" thread, you don't want them to look like that.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
To answer your question...No...It's not normal for there to be a noticable lean to one side. We too have three slides on one side (3600RL) and have no noticable lean. We do know, as we've been weighed by Weight It, that we are approximately 500lbs heavier on the ODS, due to the weight from the slides, but so far no problem. You have 7,000lb springs and axles which have been engineered to take the extra weight as long as those areas are not overloaded.

As suggested, you need to have your suspension system looked at, particular the springs and spring hangers. Do you have your kitchen slide loaded with lots of heavy articles?

This is why we have an appointment with Mor Ryde to have IS installed...doing away with the axles and springs. Just one less thing to worry about.

kkamshop

We have the Augusta floor plan which is basically the same as the 3670 and I happened to being following as we towed to a local CG last weekend.

I could tell it was heavier on the offdoor side when it would rock due to uneven road conditions, but it sits level at rest. I even mentioned it to DH when we arrived.

LMG

3670 leaning to the right

To the right???? Do you mean door side or off door side. You might crawl under it and take a peak at your springs. Take a look at MY "springs" thread, you don't want them to look like that.

I meant the off door side. Checked under the RV and my springs look like your picture. Thanks for posting the great pictures. I've scheduled an appointment for repairs.

Thanks again, Mike

boatdoc

I meant the off door side. Checked under the RV and my springs look like your picture. Thanks for posting the great pictures. I've scheduled an appointment for repairs.

Thanks again, Mike

Mike, Lippert will tell whomever, that spring problems are a rare happening but I have a list of 12 folks just on this Forum that have had problems. I've supposedly have two NEW sets comming from Lippert to my place for me to install. We'll see. If these go gunnybag I'll give Dexters a try. I use those most all the time on the boat trailers. You might also give the "wet bolt" system a look at if something must be done with your springs.