3950 - What valve is what??

JBowers

I am a proud new owner of a 2011 3950. I have had it for about a month and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the waste valves. There are 3 in the front, but none are labeled. Also, the last time I dumped, I noticed a leak where the tube went through the underbelly. Please help.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As far as the labels, you can have your dealer order you one or call HL service and give them your VIN#. I'm sure they would send you one.

As to the leak, call your dealer and get it back in for an inspection and repair.

Vtxkid

On the 3010, I have two pull handles in one compartment and the third towards the rear area of the RV (two gray and one black). Mine weren't labled either so I looked under each pull handle and took notice of the drain pipe diameter. two were small and one was standard size. So i was able to figure out that the pull handle over top of the large drain pipe was the black water handle. Maybe that will help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Put a clear adapter on the sewer connection. You'll know right away which valve is the black tank. Not sure about Cyclone's, but on my rig, the valve for the bathroom/shower (Gray #1) drains noticeably slower than the one for the kitchen (Gray #2). It's due to the size of the drain and the tank's location. Gray #2 dumps almost as forcibly as the black tank does.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John is correct, you will know which one in the black water tank. Also the kitchen water will be darker in color than the bathroom tank. Our bathroom tank runs almost clear. The clear drain elbows are great.

squire

Looking in the valve compartment; the left valve (forward) is for the black tank, the middle is for gray tank 1, and the right valve is for gray valve 2. If you weren't already aware, the shower, sink, and washer drain into gray 1. The kitchen sink drains into gray 2.