4018 Cycoooo-Unit

LBR

Hi all...

Joined this site 4 months ago when we decided a CY was the one for us....spent probably 150 hours readingreadingreading the positives, negatives, and especially tech threads on all models and am ready to roll up the sleeves and get to work...whatever is wrong can be corrected....bring it on!

We actually touched it today...walk thru is tomorrow....our own PDI scrutinization will be Sunday, then 3 weeks of camping and partying at Sand Mountain-Halloween style. We plan to join in some rallys which you should all treat as a threat and not a promise...

This 4018 model is far and few between...not one a dealer will consider it as stock for sales, but rather a model for folks off their rockers...thank you HL for thinking of us. We plan to full time in about 3 years and Cycoooo will be our only abode.

Please keep us in your prayers while towing...the ole' 6.0 is probably going to drop a stool coming out of the parking lot hooked to this monster. While it is mostly bulletproofed, it has heard me speaking of "Freightliner M2" more than once...6.0s got attitude at times...haha!

cefc3d3a4d94c00a7511b4f31999c2aa.jpg

f36b62a4584067a4ce47b0118858415e.jpg

281b33e2ebfaf4508bd972bea20bef64.jpg

BLR

Hotrod approves of his new Tiny home..We are getting everything moved in
2fa5975220cce325a3efbf1e093ddb1a.jpg
df1f622b45a7fd3f2fc4ab217d779350.jpg
6ec70a4985fa5515f7d0c781c4cab2ee.jpg

LBR

One interesting item I've noticed so far is all 3 of the air conditioners are powered all the time, and are called out as such in the control panel monitor...previous reports of the garage/living or garage/bedroom selectivity with the switch is not the case with ours..... possibly a 2017 wiring change with all models as well??

HornedToad

If you want a true ToyHauler... the 4018 is it.

Most of the bad as a big boy toys are over 12ft.

Enjoy!!!

avvidclif

If you want a true ToyHauler... the 4018 is it.

Most of the bad as a big boy toys are over 12ft.

Enjoy!!!

Be careful Mike, my 3418 has a bigger garage, 18' vs 17.5'. We still plan on visiting one of these days. No telling when though.

HornedToad

Cliff, my comment would also hold true for the 3418.

We bought a 4 wheeler and didn't get the one we wanted over those 6 inches. I have a 12 ft garage with the patio doors and when you subtract for the doors and allow "minimal" clearance, now your down to a 10 ft toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLR

When we started looking we had been camping the last 6 years in a 24' enclosed trailer...we had it set up to where we could dry camp in comfort for 3 weeks at a time.. So we had to make some sacrifices when we decided to upgrade and go on the road fulltime..thinking how to haul our 3 sxs's... Or as we had in the past hauled others sxs to where we were going to play.. We decided to go down to 1 sxs but we still wanted a big garage... We looked at the 3418, but we did want a separate garage looked at the brochure and by golly there it was 4018...

BLR

We are getting it set up me and Hotrod (the dog) relaxing in the garage LBR in the living room checking the forums.. lol
9f61d7247691e321d4cfc200fa824bec.jpg

HornedToad

One interesting item I've noticed so far is all 3 of the air conditioners are powered all the time, and are called out as such in the control panel monitor...previous reports of the garage/living or garage/bedroom selectivity with the switch is not the case with ours..... possibly a 2017 wiring change with all models as well??

Sounds like you have a Power Control System like they use on the Landmarks instead of the 3 way switch???

danemayer

Cyclone 4250 Option: 3rd A/C with energy management system in living area. Probably also available on other models.

LBR

Cyclone 4250 Option: 3rd A/C with energy management system in living area. Probably also available on other models.
If this was an option, we never ordered it. Our build date is Sept. 28, 16...from what I've been reading about on here is possibly our 2017 CY "second half" model could have some upgrades over the 2017 "first half" as the mfg is gearing up for the 2018 models? IDK as there are VERY few 4018 owners on here to compare features with.

We opted for the residential frig and received the Hisense model and also got the entire Furrion appliance package without realizing it at ordering time....micro/convection, 3 burner top, and oven.

LBR

Sounds like you have a Power Control System like they use on the Landmarks instead of the 3 way switch???

Apparently so.... is ours is like the Landmarks? This is a full picture of our control panel (the frig inverter switch not pictured). I shot a short vid of the scrolling, but couldn't post it....the PCS says "Service 50A"....then calls out "A/C Powered" to all 3 ACs as I scroll the menu.

When off of shore power and on the 5.5 K generator, the PCS also calls out amps the trailer is consuming at any given time.

931dd867cb730ffa9ad8fc29dae57846.jpg

LBR

I'll keep updating this thread as I stumble thru my learning curve with this tiny home for folks interested in our 2017 "Gen 2 4018".

We unfortunately never got support in our quest to learn the 4018 line prior to our ordering, but will be glad to Pay it Forward to all whom may be interested in this AWESOME!!! model....Lance.

HornedToad

Apparently so.... is ours is like the Landmarks? This is a full picture of our control panel (the frig inverter switch not pictured). I shot a short vid of the scrolling, but couldn't post it....the PCS says "Service 50A"....then calls out "A/C Powered" to all 3 ACs as I scroll the menu.

When off of shore power and on the 5.5 K generator, the PCS also calls out amps the trailer is consuming at any given time.

931dd867cb730ffa9ad8fc29dae57846.jpg

When the PCS detects 50 amp / 10,000 watt service it allows all three AC's to run. On the generator will shed loads down to the 5500 watts. I have a different PCS model that has the shed order pre set, I believe the PCS model pictured lets you set the shed order. When I turn on all three AC's it seems to coordinate with the zoned thermostat to protect the generator and will only run two AC compressors at a time, with the fans staying on for both, but will swith between the front and garage as needed???

That might not be such a big deal in Oregon... but it is in Texas!!!

LBR

When the PCS detects 50 amp / 10,000 watt service it allows all three AC's to run. On the generator will shed loads down to the 5500 watts. I have a different PCS model that has the shed order pre set, I believe the PCS model pictured lets you set the shed order. When I turn on all three AC's it seems to coordinate with the zoned thermostat to protect the generator and will only run two AC compressors at a time, with the fans staying on for both, but will swith between the front and garage as needed???

That might not be such a big deal in Oregon... but it is in Texas!!!
Thanx for the feedback!

We are on clean 50A shore power for a few days, but will be dry camping for 2 weeks starting Sunday and I will know more reading the PCS when on the genset then. I also have a 2K generator that will be used and will pay attention to the readouts then. During our walk thru, I read the display at 45A with the 5.5 K running.

I worked with the PCS just now on 50A and read all ACs as "Shed=0A". WTHeck does that mean??...

avvidclif

Thanx for the feedback!

We are on clean 50A shore power for a few days, but will be dry camping for 2 weeks starting Sunday and I will know more reading the PCS when on the genset then. I also have a 2K generator that will be used and will pay attention to the readouts then. During our walk thru, I read the display at 45A with the 5.5 K running.

I worked with the PCS just now on 50A and read all ACs as "Shed=0A". WTHeck does that mean??...

Probably that it hasn't shut anything down to "shed" amps.

danemayer

We have some PCS manuals here that might help you understand the messages. I think they're all for the PCS model used in the Landmark 365, but the operation should be similar.

LBR

Thanx for all the info... I'll dive into the link above and my paper manual to understand this fairly unique PCS operation.