6-Point Auto-leveling - Is it okay for wheels to be off ground?

We simply LOVE the 6-point leveling system in our 2014 Cyclone 4000E. We have used it at least 6 times and works like a charm. The most recent time, we were on a pad that required the wheels on one side to come off the ground. Question is, it it okay for this to occur? Can the stablilizers handle this? Or should we always make sure to have leveling blocks under to avoid wheels leaving the ground? Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks much,

kevin

jnbhobe

I've had mine do that many times I think they are rated around 15K each.
Mine is stored with most of the weight off the wheels now.

pegmikef

About half the times I have used it, one or more of my wheels is off the ground after the leveling process.

Thanks. We have just noticed that this time, with the wheels off the ground, the camper is MUCH more shaky and we can feel about every vibration when we move. Due to this, we wanted to find out what others thought. Do you also have a very shaky fiver when the wheels are off the ground. Or does your pinbox stabilizer take care of this?

Fonz46

I.m wondering if it's advisable to use the 6 point leveling system to jack the rig up high enough to change a flat tire? I read on Lippert's site not to do that, but I wondered if that is a liability concern or are there other reasons not to do it.

jnbhobe

I have JT stabilizers along with the level-up when needed, pinbox tri-pods don't do much

KRCyclone

I.m wondering if it's advisable to use the 6 point leveling system to jack the rig up high enough to change a flat tire? I read on Lippert's site not to do that, but I wondered if that is a liability concern or are there other reasons not to do it.
I would think liability.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There have been other recent threads about using the Level-Up to change tires. Many of us have done that with no issues. Also, the further the jacks are extended, the less stabile the RV will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkamshop

My Landmark sets all winter with the wheels off the ground in the garage. And it has done that since 2009

porthole

Retired
If you want to reduce some of the shake you have because the wheels are off the ground, do a manual level.

Set the LevelUp to "manual"

Your goal with a manual level would be to extend the jacks on the low side just enough to level the trialer. Then the high side jacks to just hit the ground, with manybe an extra 1/4" to 1/2" of extension.