A ladder for maintenance?

brianlajoie

Here is a ladder I'm thinking of getting. It is a 16.5 Ft A-Type Multi-Purpose Extension Aluminum Telescopic Telescoping Ladder. Max weight it can hold is 330 pounds. The ladder weighs 41 pounds. Collapses to: 38 x 20 x 4 inches. The manufacturer is - XterempowerUS

ladder.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
$80 seems awfully low for that type of ladder. Even the Werner knockoffs of the Little Giant are more than that. Or maybe I overpaid for the Xtend&Climb version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
$80 seems awfully low for that type of ladder. Even the Werner knockoffs of the Little Giant are more than that. Or maybe I overpaid for the Xtend&Climb version.

My Werner 1A folding extension ladder was around $80. I just thought someone who did not want to spend a lot of money but wanted a collapsible ladder with a great return policy may find it interesting. If you order one and find the quality lacking heck groupon offers free return shipping on it. Could save you a bunch of money if you did not want to spend a lot on a 1A rated occasionally used compact ladder.

Last edited:

AAdams

We carry the Werner 17-ft Aluminum 300-lb Telescoping Type IA Multi-Position Ladder that I bought at Lowe's. It sells for $159. I like a ladder that has a wider base, just feels more stable when reaching out to the side. The 300# rating was a must for me. The ladder is large folded, takes up some storage room, weighs just under 41 lbs. BUT, to me the injury from falling off a cheap ladder ( Deb did this once, broken shoulder ) that you can not move around on is not worth any cost, inconvenience of size or weight. So my opinion is get a ladder that you have total confidence in that will do the job you are looking for.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I carry the Little Giant ladder. It fits just right across the bed of the truck. Cable lock it in place.

EPaulikonis

I battled the price of a Little Giant, but glad I finally decided to buy. Primary reasons were safety, stability, and multi-function configurations. Just received the 22' version or the Revolution with telescopic legs on one end for uneven terrain. My rig is 13' 3", so I had it set up as an "A" frame last night putting some polish on just below the roofline...extremely stable and felt confident working at that height with hands full with polish and rags. Newer version of LG is also less weight than the original. Having the wheels on one end also made moving the ladder much easier. Definitely worth the added price IMHO.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the older M26 LG for home use. And all of the attachments, short of the pick platforms. Great, but too big to haul around.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Your right our Little Giant ladder is the most stable one we have ever had. I feel confident standing on the next to top rung and have even stood on the the very top rung on occasion. Having the wheels on one side of it makes it a breeze to move around even when fully extended.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Werner makes a ladder that is just about the same as the Little Giant. At more than half the price. Check them out in the Home Depot or Lowes, I forget which on I bought mine at. I went with the middle of the range one. And so far I have been able to do anything I need to with it. And I do most of my own cleaning and repairs. It is just over 4 foot long when collapsed and fits in my truck with no issues. I am not a believer in stuff hanging off the ladder of an RV, but many do it and it would fit just fine back there also.

View attachment 35846

We have the 17 foot version of this...Great ladder! It folds up and we can carry it in the truck between the hitch and tailgate!!