A little help

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Earlier today we had some water pressure and then this evening very little pressure. I checked the input (we are hooked up to city water) and there was good pressure coming out of the water hose where it goes into the check valve. The 4 way valve is set on City Water. I checked the check valve and it seems to be allowing water to pass. There are no water leaks that I can see. Any ideas. Could the 4 way Anderson valve be bad? BTW I can turn on the pump while it is in City Position and get plenty of pressure. Also while in the Normal position the Pump works fine. Where should I look next?

jbeletti

Jim - it is possible that the cartridge in the 4-way valve is bad. Get with Heartland in the morning. As you're under warranty, they should be able to send you a replacement. I've changed these out before. Pretty straight forward - about a half hour job. Hardest part is 4 lines converging into a small space on the valve body.

EPaulikonis

Jim, I'd get into the hoses behind the Anderson valve and look for a hard obstruction. If that came up clean on all inlet and outlets, I'd pull the cartridge and inspect. I've been on a well before and had a large salamander get into the line and it caused a pressure drop. He made it all the way into the inlet plumbing for a sink. I didn't share my finding with the other occupant...sorry honey!

Figure you know, but be sure to reference the manual on help with connections or testing valve. Good luck on the troubleshooting.

jmgratz

Jim, I'd get into the hoses behind the Anderson valve and look for a hard obstruction. If that came up clean on all inlet and outlets, I'd pull the cartridge and inspect. I've been on a well before and had a large salamander get into the line and it caused a pressure drop. He made it all the way into the inlet plumbing for a sink. I didn't share my finding with the other occupant...sorry honey!

Figure you know, but be sure to reference the manual on help with connections or testing valve. Good luck on the troubleshooting.

Thanks to both of you I will check the valve and it is okay then will look into warranty valve replacement. It has to quit raining around Houston (where we are) before I can do much more troubleshooting.

Chippendale

Another thing to check before you tear up your plumbing is to remove the strainers on your faucets and see if calcium scale has broken loose and plugging them up. You may have to take your shower head apart too. I had that problem one time and cleaning the faucet strainers took care of it.

DocFather

Another thing to check before you tear up your plumbing is to remove the strainers on your faucets and see if calcium scale has broken loose and plugging them up. You may have to take your shower head apart too. I had that problem one time and cleaning the faucet strainers took care of it.

He has good flow when using the pump.

jmgratz

Hey folks, I think I found the problem. I have very low water flow this morning and we left for awhile. When we got back we had no water flow. So I did the smart thing. I went to the park office and asked if they were having water issues. The manager told me the well pump was down and they had the water off while doing the repair. I asked when the problems started, and guess...yesterday afternoon. The same time my problems started. The well pump is supposed to be repaired later today and guess we will see then. I should have asked the office yesterday. MORAL: Be sure to carry some water in your fresh water tank for situations such as this.

BTW Jim B, I have not called Heartland about it yet. Also right across from us in this park is a 2013 Landmark San Antonio (same unit we have) I briefly met them yesterday. They are not HOC members but I did mention it to them and they said they would look into it. Sorry I forgot their name. (old-timer disease :) )

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey folks, I think I found the problem. I have very low water flow this morning and we left for awhile. When we got back we had no water flow. So I did the smart thing. I went to the park office and asked if they were having water issues. The manager told me the well pump was down and they had the water off while doing the repair. I asked when the problems started, and guess...yesterday afternoon. The same time my problems started. The well pump is supposed to be repaired later today and guess we will see then. I should have asked the office yesterday. MORAL: Be sure to carry some water in your fresh water tank for situations such as this.

BTW Jim B, I have not called Heartland about it yet. Also right across from us in this park is a 2013 Landmark San Antonio (same unit we have) I briefly met them yesterday. They are not HOC members but I did mention it to them and they said they would look into it. Sorry I forgot their name. (old-timer disease :) )

Yup! Even though we sit on a seasonal site with FHU, I keep the water tank partially full just in case the power goes out. Wife would not appreciate having to run down to the public facility (which probably would be down, as well) in the dark of night. Come to think of it, neither would I.

EPaulikonis

Congratulations Jim. That's the best kind of RV problem to have...one that's not yours. Never thought much about keeping some water in the tank, but I sure will now. Hope the park gets water pump fixed soon.

jmgratz

Everything is back to normal. They well pump was down and the pipes had several rusted through holes. They get it all fixed now and water is normal.