Advice? Final days "Shakedown" cruise on a new BH3610RE

Prairiedog

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum for months, but haven't had a reason to post myself since there is SO much information out there. However, I'm finishing up a shakedown jaunt on my new BH3610RE and I wanted to ask for some advice. I've run just about everything I can think of, checked the manuals, and have tried to put this rig through its paces. I was wondering if anyone had any "I wish I would have thought of that before I took it home" advice they could pass on.

I've already realized I need a few things before I go back, but there are so many experienced folks on this forum...I'd love to hear from y'all.

By the way -- I'll be living in this full-time, so I know I need to remain vigilant with the maintenance and so forth. But, any thoughts along those lines would also be warmly welcomed!

My thanks in advance for the assistance. This is truly a fantastic venue and one of the key things that led me to buy Heartland. Thank you all!

//Prairiedog//

danemayer

Hi Prairiedog,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn. One thing I'd suggest is taking a look at our owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides. These are based on actual owner experience and may save you aggravation in the future. They also include some recommendations on devices you might want to get to make life easier.

MCTalley

If your refrigerator has an ice maker, make sure it makes ice. If you leave it on overnight and don't get any ice (assuming you are on city water or have water in the tank with the pump turned on), find out where the cutoff valve is and check it. Make sure you get ice without any water leaks. During our PDI with the dealer, the ice maker didn't make any ice overnight. They indicated it was probably just air in the lines and it'd work out eventually. Never did. I finally found our cutoff valve and turned it on. A rush of water came flooding out underneath our coach. We had the errant line fixed next time we were at the dealer.

Run the hot water heater on gas to make sure the flame is adjusted correctly.

Inspect your awning on a sunny day by looking up from underneath. I just happened to be standing under a pinhole in our awning and saw a little point of light shining through during our outside walk-around. We ended up with a new awning out of the deal (thanks, Heartland!).

Prairiedog

Thanks for the advice you two! Getting down to the last hours of this, so I greatly appreciate the help. Cross your fingers!

Grey Ghost

Very good advise form others, try the heater, the air, water pumps and all electrical both with shore power and battery before pulling out. I would also make double sure all tires are aired up correctly and you have checked the lug nuts to make sure they are correct. Ck all turn and brake signal lights plus running lights if you get a chance also. Oh, remember to have lots of FUN!

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum for months, but haven't had a reason to post myself since there is SO much information out there. However, I'm finishing up a shakedown jaunt on my new BH3610RE and I wanted to ask for some advice. I've run just about everything I can think of, checked the manuals, and have tried to put this rig through its paces. I was wondering if anyone had any "I wish I would have thought of that before I took it home" advice they could pass on.

I've already realized I need a few things before I go back, but there are so many experienced folks on this forum...I'd love to hear from y'all.

By the way -- I'll be living in this full-time, so I know I need to remain vigilant with the maintenance and so forth. But, any thoughts along those lines would also be warmly welcomed!

My thanks in advance for the assistance. This is truly a fantastic venue and one of the key things that led me to buy Heartland. Thank you all!

//Prairiedog//