Advice on replacing part of flooring near kitchen slide out, Sundance 3300CK

Beavertwp

Part of my floor is getting soft from water coming in while traveling (I located where there is some missing caulk). And tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

As the title says, my floor is soft in the kitchen near the bench table. It is not the slide out, it is on the main floor. The slide out covers up/overlaps part of the flooring that needs replaced. Any way to save the carpet?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20230716_105320.jpg
    20230716_105320.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

Col.Ted

I am having the same problem of soft flooring in our bathroom. Due to unbelievable bad engineering, the p trap, to make it fit was cut into a square in the floor, under the shower. The plumbing of the trap leaked into this square, soaking the sub-floor (made of cheap particle board) into the Styrofoam filling between the sub-floor and the base floor (made of cdx plywood). I am thinking of replacing the spongy sub-floor down to the Styrofoam filling, which is NOT soaked. Has anyone thought of using a vapor barrier or plastic sheeting between the sub-floor and Styrofoam layers, and using a good solid (cabinet layered) plywood for the sub-floor??