Air Hitch and Pin Box Options Heavy Toy Haulers

chief916

We love our TS3. My only complaint about it is the paint is flaking off of it with rusting underneath. Seems like the powder coat didn't hold.
If you've had it less than 3 yrs you should be able to get warrenty work. Dont know if thats worth the hassle of removing and shipping etc.

OEFVET

Are you really pleased with the TS3??? the reason I ask is that I just bought a 1997 Volvo road tractor and have been trying to decide if the TS3 is really worth the 2700 bucks. I figure that the cost of the hitch would be worth not tearing my coach up.
v/r
Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, I talked with Aaron last night and he seems very well versed in all this hitch stuff. I plan on calling him today and order the TS3 to tow my 2013 cyclone 4100. I've changed out tow vehicles from a 2005 ford 6.0 to a Volvo vnl road tractor. Hopefully I wont know I'll be towing anything behind me.
v/r
Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot...Aaron works for Hensly..trailer saver...TS3. 1-800-410-6580 ext. 104
- - - Updated - - -

chief916,

You may want to consider a TrailerSaver TSLB2H since you are towing with an mdt. It gives you a 32,000lb max towing instead of just 20,000lb with a TS3. I don't know what the cost difference is but if its not much more it might be nice to have some extra towing cushion. JMHO

tomsws6

chief916,

You may want to consider a TrailerSaver TSLB2H since you are towing with an mdt. It gives you a 32,000lb max towing instead of just 20,000lb with a TS3. I don't know what the cost difference is but if its not much more it might be nice to have some extra towing cushion. JMHO

I believe they run about 3k so only a few hundred bucks more.. You c

crazybanshee

Chief I have been using the trailersaver TSLB2H for twelve years and it is all that they say it is. The money spent is good investment with a new fiver.

tomsws6

When ever I figure out what route im going with my truck, MDT/HDT, I think I will invest in something like that for the 4200...

porthole

Retired
Before buying a TS-3 I would ask when calling what has Hensley done to improve the ability to grease all the heavy metal to metal sliding, rotating parts.

Why you are at it, ask about exactly how their warranty procedure works, e.g., do I have to purchase any warranted parts and pay for return shipping? Or, are the parts that wear available separately? Or, do you still have to purchase a $700 hitch head to get a couple of pins?