Alaska trip with Cyclone 4005, Hartland tires and Andersen Ultimate Hitch

jmarnell

We just finished an 11,000 mile trip from Oklahoma through Canada to Alaska and back, towing our triple axle Cyclone 4005. Many of the roads were very rough, a lot of them just gravel or beat up asphalt, including the Alaska Highway, Klondike Highway, and Top of the World Highway. Before leaving, I installed all new Hartland ST tires from Discount Tire. Just wanted to report that the tires performed great. The rig rode well, and I'm seeing very little wear on the tread. Through the high temperatures on the return trip, they didn't get overly hot. So I can highly recommend the Hartland tires from Discount Tire. We also use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch, and it also performed flawlessly pulling that 20,000 pound rig over the rough roads. We were very pleased. And it also helped that we upgraded to the Morryde Independent Suspension system and disc brakes last year!

david-steph2018

Glad everything went well for you. We were planning a trip like that with our 2018 Road Warrior 427 for this summer, but due to the Covid Issue we decided to postpone for a year or two years. We did the same upgrade with the IS System, plus disc brakes. But our tires are Sailuns, on the 2nd set, changed out on February 1st in Tolleson, Az.
If we decide to resume our plans/trip to Alaska, I will get in touch and see what advice you can offer for the trip, since we have similar rigs.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have the Hartland branded tires too. I concur with everything you said. Over 25K on ours
We went to AK in 2015 with a set of Goodyears on our previous rig. Made it back to Montana but had a replacement set of Gladiator tires installed there. Doubtful the Goodyears would have made back across the country