Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

jbbdc

I've read that the Reese Goosebox hitch is approved for use on Heartland trailers and won't void the warranty. What about the Andersen hitch that works on much of the same principle?

The Andersen Ultimate retains use of a traditional 5th wheel hitch i.e. Trail Air, but adds an adaptor box on the pin that allows it to connect to a ball. There are no vertical stressors normally seen with straight goose neck hitches.

Can someone chime in on this topic?

GOTTOYS

Haven't seen one in use but Roger, the owner of Tweety's was setting one up in his truck to pull his new Cyclone last year. They were selling Anderson hitches at the time. Don't know if they still are or not but I bet if you called or e-mailed him you could get the lowdown..Don

jbbdc

I know that Andersen says on their website that it won't void your trailer's warranty. I can see why. It doesn't require the removal of the factory pin box. I just want to know from someone who has gotten words from Heratland on this. Better still, Heartland can offer a reply.

i think the Andersen hitch is a great alternative to the traditional 5th wheel setup. I've read several postings on other forums where guys can't believe the difference it makes for smooth towing.

Tweety's still sells them the last time I checked.

danemayer

I know that Andersen says on their website that it won't void your trailer's warranty. I can see why. It doesn't require the removal of the factory pin box. I just want to know from someone who has gotten words from Heratland on this. Better still, Heartland can offer a reply.

i think the Andersen hitch is a great alternative to the traditional 5th wheel setup. I've read several postings on other forums where guys can't believe the difference it makes for smooth towing.

Tweety's still sells them the last time I checked.

It's easy for company X to say that their device won't void company Y's warranty. Company Y may or may not agree. They may not even know about company X.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can give you Heartland's view. You may also have to call Lippert to get their view since they warrant the trailer frame.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
looks like an interesting design - I would be more concerned with the failure of the part that makes the connection from the Pin to their Ball than the steel base.

Kevin

jbbdc

It's easy for company X to say that their device won't void company Y's warranty. Company Y may or may not agree. They may not even know about company X.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can give you Heartland's view. You may also have to call Lippert to get their view since they warrant the trailer frame.

That's exactly why I'm asking. They can make that claim all day and it means nothing unless the trailer manufacturer agrees.

bdb2047

Lippert approves the Reese Goosebox for use on their frame. If you go to Lippert web site you can find it there.

jbbdc

I called Heartland and was told what I expected to hear. They won't be an advocate for any brand of hitch since they don't build the frame. I understand their position.

I then spoke to Lippert. They won't even consider looking at anything other than their own Reese Goosebox arrangement. Even though the Andersen hitch doesn't put any forces on the factory hitch that you wouldn't see with a conventional 5th wheel hitch, the guy just kept saying, "Nope. That's a gooseneck." It's less of a gooseneck than their Goosebox hitch.

Right now I'm going with the Andersen hitch anyway. Lippert's warranty is only a year and it's easy to see that the Andersen hitch won't be an issue. I encourage people to view all available YouTube videos about the Andersen hitch if you aren't sure what I'm talking about.