Another blowmax victim

tireman9

Checked the air in all 4 and inspected them before we pulled out. We made it 20 miles from the house when the first 1 let go. The tire service center and I both checked the remaining 3 and the spare they had the correct air pressure and no signs of any issues. We made about 15 miles down the road and the second 1 blew out . 2 roadside assistance calls and 2 insurance claims. I am not happy with dynamic tire or heartland at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the "inspection" being done are not sufficiently detailed. A proper inspection doesn't on consist of checking the outside sidewall and most of the tread for % tread wear.

In my blog, I have covered what I would consider a thorough inspection with example of what a failing tire looks like externally and then I did an autopsy to show the actual condition of the subject tire. Note that the person making the video felt the tire had failed and cut the tire looking for the failure but even then he failed to properly identify the location of the failure. IMO this was because he simply had not had enough experience as you probably have to do a few dozen autopsies before you can easily and quickly know where to do the cutting.

The free spin can be sufficient to establish that the subject tire is in the process of failing and should not be driven on.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The free spin can be sufficient to establish that the subject tire is in the process of failing and should not be driven on.

That was how our separating tire was discovered...while it was being balanced.

Ok dropped it off at the dealer for repairs from the blowout. He calls me today to let me know my brakes are worn out!! They want $1300 to replace them I priced the complete assembly it would be less than $300 no more road time than this thing has it has been a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk