Another door job!

skyguy

Been thinking about this for quite a while, finally got around 2it...

Replaced the glass frosty window in the door with a piece of plexiglass, $16 from a local glass shop, cut to size,12-1/2" X 22-1/2". (Actually to be safe, I subtracted 1/16" from each dimension, turns out I didn't need to). Removed the multiple screws holding in the window frame, which allowed me to remove the inner frame, and then the glass. There was double stick tape around the perimeter of the glass, that was removed, cleaned, and new tape mounted. Installed the new plexiglass window, and replaced the inner frame - about a half hours work.

I spent days looking for a decal that I really liked, and also could be sized to fit. www.decaljunky.com seemed to have what I wanted. A simple 10 minute application, and about $20 for the decal... I couldn't decide whether to mount the decal on the inside or outside of the window - and decided inside, because: 1. Decals will degrade over time from UV, especially in Colorado, so if it spends most of its life "inside", it will last longer. and 2. When I want people to see it, the door will usually be open!

Photos attached - the plexi tint matches the Bighorn window glass, and it is transparent enough to see through.

Al S.

RV1.jpgRV2.jpgRV3.jpg

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I really like that! Mark is not going to want to hear that though..... ;)

Kristy

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nice! Is it an elk? I would like this for my Elk Ridge. Why an elk on your Big Horn? ;) What actual color is the decal, it looks gray? Can you see it from the outside, or is that a 'before' pic? The glass looks tinted, as well. Tell us MORE!

Erika