Another Level UP thread

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
:(

For those of you that have been through some of the problems with the Level Up I sure would like to know if anyone has experienced these things.

First: I have the 4 point Level Up which means my rear electric stabilizers are controlled by the Level Up controller. It appears when it rains A LOT and you turn on the Level Up the legs rear stabilizer legs will not retract like they are supposed to. BUT, if you raise them up manually about an inch, turn the controller back on and hit Auto Level, the legs will go down. THEN if you turn off the controller and turn it back on the stabilizers will retract like the should.

Really, lots of fun to do in the rain! Anybody experience this quirk and what was the outcome? Yes, I have called Lippert but still waiting for a call back. I have my serial number ready but I would think they should know it by heart now-I do. :rolleyes:

Second: Next problem that just developed this weekend. My front legs are making noise and I think it is just the right front. I have recorded the noise because it is impossible to describe it.

http://
When it starts making the noise , the piston rod comes out of the cylinder very "jerky". The leg retracts fine and does not leak down when sitting. In fact the jack only makes noise when there is a load on it. When extending the piston down to the ground it does not make any noise. Battery voltage is good , fluid level is fine etc. Anybody else experience this noise or a very erratic stroke on extension of the piston?

On top of that, still waiting for Lippert to come up with a fix for the "popping" noise found on another thread. I can eliminate the "popping" but I sure would like to see what their "cure" is.

There are a few other bugs that system has but they seem to come and go.

danemayer

I've noticed that sometimes as the rig settles in during a stay, especially on softer surfaces, the pressure on the stabilizers increases. When I turn on the controller, and they're supposed to automatically retract, they are stuck. Moving to manual mode for stabilizers sometimes will get them free. But more often, I've had to extend the rear landing jacks slightly to relieve the pressure on the stabilizers. No problems on concrete pads.

SouthernNights

Thanks Dan but the only time the stabilizers have failed to retract for me has been on concrete. I can picture what you are talking about though.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
:(

For those of you that have been through some of the problems with the Level Up I sure would like to know if anyone has experienced these things.

First: I have the 4 point Level Up which means my rear electric stabilizers are controlled by the Level Up controller. It appears when it rains A LOT and you turn on the Level Up the legs rear stabilizer legs will not retract like they are supposed to. BUT, if you raise them up manually about an inch, turn the controller back on and hit Auto Level, the legs will go down. THEN if you turn off the controller and turn it back on the stabilizers will retract like the should.

Really, lots of fun to do in the rain!

Wish we had know that the first time that happened to you at Willow Tree.....I recall working up a sweat cranking it ALL the way up.....IN THE RAIN!!:D

Hope you git er figured out!

SouthernNights

ME TOO Lance !!! There has got to be a relay or solenoid somewhere controlling the motor that is being affected by the humidity/rain. Havent looked for it yet. I was hoping lippert would call me back and save some of the trouble. I guess I am on their list to call back....I will try tomorrow again.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
ME TOO Lance !!! There has got to be a relay or solenoid somewhere controlling the motor that is being affected by the humidity/rain. Havent looked for it yet. I was hoping lippert would call me back and save some of the trouble. I guess I am on their list to call back....I will try tomorrow again.

I think you nailed the real issue with the callback Larry....:angel:

SouthernNights

Just a follow up after talking with the Lippert rep. Very knowledgeable person on the hydraulic systems.

On the rear stabilizers he believes the problem is caused by an old error code that may be in the system. The old codes can be removed by disconnecting the 6 pin and 9 pin connectors for 30 seconds at the controller and removing any residual electricity. Then after hooking the connectors back up, just relearn level. Hope that is it because that is simple enough.

The second problem he feels is air still trapped in the system. Odd, as I think it is , he said he has seen air trapped in the system a lot longer than a few months before it shows up at the highest point of the system. I did have a lot of air in the system in December when the trailer was new because the oil level in the reservoir was so low it was getting air in the system every time it was used. I thought I had cycled everything enough to remove the air by evidently not. I hope that is all it is . He said the high point of the system is the DS leg so that is where the air would go eventually.

If this is all the problems are, I have come away very easy on this. Fingers crossed.

archbarb

Fingers and toes crossed for you Larry.....we love our ground control!!! Glad you talked Arch into it!
Barb

SouthernNights

A follow up to the original post. It appears I will be getting new front jacks after all. After several conversations with Lippert (more specifically a fellow named Carl Yoder) they have determined that there is indeed a defect in the front jacks.

Thank you very much Lippert.

Carl has also allowed me to replace them myself instead of bring the trailer to a service center. Once again, Thank you very much Lippert.

Whether or not the new front jacks resolve the popping noise discussed in this thread //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ve-had-it-checked-by-dealer?highlight=popping I have no idea but it sure would be nice if they did.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Larry, if I hit the auto retract on the system it drops the front all the way down which in turn releases all the wait on the rear stabs. Does your not do this?

SouthernNights

No it doesn't Michael. As soon as you turn the system on it is supposed to pick up the rear stabilizers. Once they are up I just let the coach down manually.

2psnapod2

My bad, your right. It does drop if I use the auto retract which removes the wait from the rear legs, not the Stabs.

Well, I decided after study I wanted the Lippert level up after market system.. 4 jacks added since I have the Hydraiulics up front on the 2013 Cyclone.... I called libert about it being done after I picked up new trailer in Michigan... at their indiana location.. price quote 4400.. good thing I dont need all six.. for the 2400 others had it doine I was all for it, now not so much...

I have had auto leveling on my Class As.. and it was nice, even needed for full enjoyment... but at 4400, well its not something you will get even partially back when you go to sell.. it may help you sell.. so until a 2400 deal.. I guess we spend time and live at an angle..lol...

If anyone has anyone who knows how to get those 2400 deals, pls post...

Regards

DougS

Doug S
Larry, I have found that spraying silicone spray on the rear stabilizers makes them work better. I have had the same problem, worked the spray in, and they then work. I now spray them once a week while traveling. I believe they stop working when they have resistance, moisture might be doing that for you.
The popping sound, those waffle type plastic things under the legs have eliminated the popping for my rig, waffle side up.

porthole

Retired
Well, I decided after study I wanted the Lippert level up after market system.. 4 jacks added since I have the Hydraiulics up front on the 2013 Cyclone.... I called libert about it being done after I picked up new trailer in Michigan... at their indiana location.. price quote 4400.. good thing I dont need all six.. for the 2400 others had it doine I was all for it, now not so much...

I have had auto leveling on my Class As.. and it was nice, even needed for full enjoyment... but at 4400, well its not something you will get even partially back when you go to sell.. it may help you sell.. so until a 2400 deal.. I guess we spend time and live at an angle..lol...

If anyone has anyone who knows how to get those 2400 deals, pls post...

Regards

Wait for next years National Rally and hope Jim B gets us another great set of deals. Many of us were able to take advantage of super pricing on the Level Up by attending the national rally.

SouthernNights

Larry, I have found that spraying silicone spray on the rear stabilizers makes them work better. I have had the same problem, worked the spray in, and they then work. I now spray them once a week while traveling. I believe they stop working when they have resistance, moisture might be doing that for you.
The popping sound, those waffle type plastic things under the legs have eliminated the popping for my rig, waffle side up.
Doug,
Thanks but i do spray the worm with Teflon. I don't do near as often as you though. You are a lot more religious about it than I am.
I guess I should have added that when the jacks wont retract there is no power going back to the motor. That is why I am still looking for the relay. I haven't looked very hard yet though. Its hard to look for something that only happens when its raining though. :rolleyes:

SouthernNights

Just a followup post about the front jacks.

I received the front jacks from Lippert on Thursday. This morning (Saturday) I hooked up the truck to the trailer early to beat the heat. By 7am both jacks were replace and the noise is gone. The jacks operate very smoothly once again. Still don't know what happened to the right front jack but Lippert does want them back to tear down. I am hoping they will get back with me and let me know what they found.

As far as the rear stabilizers, I did as Lippert requested. Disconnect all power from the controller and "blanked" it out. Just had to zero it out again for level. If there was a bad code in the controller that is suppose to take care of it. I will know on the next heavy rain.

Lippert has been very good to work with on this. As big as they are, I think , at least for me, their customer service has been outstanding. Thank you.

hillsonwheels

Larry......sorry about the bother but am glad to hear your good report about Lippert customer service. Isn't 7am a little late for you to get started? :rolleyes:

Dick

2psnapod2

Glade to hear the good news. Keep us updated on whether the noise comes back or not. Glade the weather also did not get to you.