Another tire temp question

Lance & Jo

Hoping for some new ideas here. The tread temp on the rear off door side is running 10-12 degrees higher than the other 3. Hub temps are 2-3 degrees apart, side wall 4-5 but big difference in tread temp. Have had the trailer on the alignment machine twice. Bearings are good and no slop. Tires are 614’s with low mileage and 110lbs pressure. Trailer is not overloaded, and in fact we just transitioned back to part timers this year so the trailer is loaded more like a weekender with all the heavy stuff I carried for years now taking up space in the garage. I haven’t had it weighed since taking all the stuff off but no reason to think it’s a weight distribution problem. So guys any ideas?

Gaffer

Are you getting these temp readings with an infrared thermometer? What are the actual readings? Is the sun a factor? Other than weighing this tire load compared to the others you have no idea what weight difference might influence the readings. One thing you might do is rotate that tire with it's neighbor and check again.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Are you getting these temp readings with an infrared thermometer? What are the actual readings? Is the sun a factor? Other than weighing this tire load compared to the others you have no idea what weight difference might influence the readings. One thing you might do is rotate that tire with it's neighbor and check again.

Totally agree with rotating the hot tire to the other side and see if the heat follows the tire or stays with the tire location. I monitor my tires on the road with a TPMS and because of the sun one side can be 10 degrees higher than the other but normalizes as the sun get higher in the sky.

Bogie

Before or after swapping the tire, you might want to swap the tire monitor to see if the problem follows the monitor. I would do that first because it's easier than changing the tire.