Any '07 BH 3400RL owners out there?

leeitz63

We just signed on to purchase a used (not Abused) BH3400RL. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with some advice (hopefully not negative) to get us started on the right foot. Found what appears to be a unit that was hardly lived in.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I don't have the same model but the 07's was a good year as far as I'm concerned. Just do a good PDI on the unit fill all water sources and test for leaks. Then check all electrical appliances , heater, AC, etc. that needs to function. Search PDI get the list to check and make sure you check all the workings out....and happy adventures....Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have owned and lived in our 2007 3400RL for 3 years. What type of advice are you looking for? Are you new to RVing? We'll be happy to help and there are many many experienced Heartland owners here as well. Initially, as Ken suggested, have the dealer go over everything with you and explain the operation of all of the trailers systems. There is a Pre delivery inspection sheet here. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=10285 Check the attachments in the last post in this thread.
Welcome to the Heartland Family.

leeitz63

Sorry for four month delay

Did not end up purchasing the 3400, but bought a 3600RL. Same year. Wife is in Illinois, but the dog (Chico) and I are spending the winter near Arcadia, Florida. No major problems, yet. Did blow a tire on the way down, so decided to go ahead and replace all four. Really enjoy the extra room of the 3600. Wish I would have had them leave to washer/dryer combo in the unit. Was a little afraid on it though (a couple years old), and they knocked off $1000 without it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey there, congrats on your purchase. Is your 3600 the same year? 2007? You should consider coming to the Nat'l Rally in nashville to meet some of your fellow Heartland Owners. At the very least, look up the IL chapter of the owners club. There is usually a fall rally in the Springfield area. Pretty close to you. We spend a few weeks in Dixon IL visiting our Son & his family and are originally from Elgin, IL. Good luck with your 3600 and we hope to meet you down the road some time.