Anyone pulling their TT with a 3P hitch?? Need help!!!

oldmannj

Installed new hitch on trailer and having trouble transferring weight to TV front axle. Seems no amount of adjustment helps. My friend and I are at our limits on this have tried everything we can think of. Unless I'm missing something. Do you have to make the bars for WD look distorted to shift weight?? I previously had 1000# on tongue and added the 220# of the hitch. I got 1400# bars so that shouldn't be an issue. any ideas at all would be MUCH appreciated. ED.

brianharrison

Can you provide the make/model of your hitch? Usually there are pretty explicit instructions with each hitch on how to set up the drop bars, to get proper weight transfer.

What is your objective and how are you measuring weight transfer to the front axle of your tow vehicle? Are you thinking your rear axle is overloaded? Or is it a droopy rear end? The extra weight may just make your vehicle squat some more than previously and you may have to consider air bags/springs to bring it back to level. Seems strange though with just another 200 lbs (20%).

Brian