Anyone replace the gray (shower) tank

aatauses

Hi everyone,
The BH 3670 is 5 years old and the shower gray tank had chaffed through in two places, where it hangs from the frame. We always travel empty so was surprised this happened. One RV dealer said I could patch it?? another said they could come out and patch it?? I called HL and they said I could buy a new one for about $125 + shipping. I am starting to lean toward a new one, but wondering if I can put that in myself?? Who has done it and what do I need?? How do the pipes disconnect from the tank?
thanks
al

B

BouseBill

Can't help you on the gray tank, we had to have the black tank replaced, thank God the rig was still under warranty because the dealer and tech who did the work said it was a real PITA!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Can't help you on the gray tank, we had to have the black tank replaced, thank God the rig was still under warranty because the dealer and tech who did the work said it was a real PITA!!

I had to remove the black tank on my old Coachman TT . . . and I can tell you that it WAS a real PITA!

Since we never used the plumbing facilities on that trailer I'm sure glad that I didn't have to put a new tank back in!

SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg

aatauses

Just an update. HL customer service pulls through again. I called with my issue and they said with the ViN number they will match the tank exactly and removing and installing should not be an issue. I had a good friend in the park that was willing to help. I had the cloraplast all off and the tank came out pretty easy, HL also suggested that I put a piece of 3/8" plywood for added support--did that and the new tank arrived on the day HL said it would and all the connections were perfect---we had the new tank in and then I left it open for a few days to check for leaks and put the cloraplast back on.
al