At camping world

txdds

They r telling me that the rails won't fit a 2013 ram. I just drove an hour to get here! They ordered brackets for ram 2012 and they don't know what to do. Come on guys the 2014 are almost out and they didn't know this information. Who is pulling with a 2500 2013 Ram? What rail system did u install?

txdds

errr....wasted my July 4th morning at Camping World. They are saying only the Pull-rite rails will work. I have the redesigned work horse truck but you can't install a hitch in the bed. Ok, so it tows...nothing. :confused:

KRCyclone

From what I have heard no one makes a hitch for the 2013 Ram yet. If you got the factory option with the gooseneck/5th wheel holes already in the bed you can get the Mopar rails. A shop here in town was installing a hitch the other day and having to cut the rails to fit.

vangoes

I've been doing some research on this issue because I was thinking of a new Dodge. So far what I have found out is that B & W is the only manufacturer that currently has custom hitch mounts for the new Dodge frame. But, if you have the factory 5th/gooseneck option it cannot be used either and currently Dodge does not have the rails for the factory option (big oops on their part). I have heard on another forum that the universal rail mounts for the in bed rails can be used (that's what I have on my truck now) but sometimes its hard to find hitch installers that will use them as they require a little more skill (measuring, drilling, time, etc.) to install. I'm going to confirm this later today with our local installers. I may delay any decision on a new Dodge for a while as I do not want the added expense of a $1,200+ hitch (B&W) when I already have a hitch.

KRCyclone

I've been doing some research on this issue because I was thinking of a new Dodge. So far what I have found out is that B & W is the only manufacturer that currently has custom hitch mounts for the new Dodge frame. But, if you have the factory 5th/gooseneck option it cannot be used either and currently Dodge does not have the rails for the factory option (big oops on their part). I have heard on another forum that the universal rail mounts for the in bed rails can be used (that's what I have on my truck now) but sometimes its hard to find hitch installers that will use them as they require a little more skill (measuring, drilling, time, etc.) to install. I'm going to confirm this later today with our local installers. I may delay any decision on a new Dodge for a while as I do not want the added expense of a $1,200+ hitch (B&W) when I already have a hitch.

This was one of the reasons I opted for a new 2012 built Dec. 2012.

This was one of the reasons I opted for a new 2012 (built Dec 2012).

vangoes

I just received a response from Reese Hitch Customer service that they are told they should have the bed rails available for the 2500 and 3500 by the end of August.

txdds

Thanks everyone....I just heard back from Camping World.....11 days later :( They still don't have the pull rite rails. Camping World told me that Pullrite has been cranking them out as fast as they can and our order is in line with everyone else. Another 10 days is what they are telling me. Camping World in New Braunfels has five Ram customers waiting. I'm paid in full at the campground until Aug. 5th. And after that, I will have to pay someone to haul the Big Country to our new house. :( Never would have seen this coming....and I read the boards all the time. Not hauling anything down the road yet!