ATF: Cyclone - 2015 3110 HD has Auto Leveling Grey Water ???

gregattaway

What is this ???

I have grey 1 and grey 2 and you installed a Auto Leveling Grey Water system ONLY in this model ???

danemayer

Hi gregattaway,

You might have to say a few more words for people to understand your comment/question.

gregattaway

OK, I'll rephrase my question ...

Is there a Auto Leveling Grey Water system in the 2015 Cyclone HD 3110?

If there is, they would understand this ...

danemayer

I've never heard that any model has been designed with the idea of auto-leveling between gray tanks, but on our Landmark, both gray tank drain pipes come together and drain into the sewer outlet. So it's possible to do some leveling if the sewer outlet is closed and both gray valves are open. But on our rig, as on many with a drop frame design, the tanks are at differing heights. Gray #1, which fills fastest because it's the shower and washer drain, is lower than gray #2. The amount of water that can transfer is limited by water seeking the same level across both tanks.

gregattaway

this what happen ...

We were dry camping for the first time in this new rig so all valves were closed ...

grey 2 filled up but we have no washer or nothing attached to that ...

took it to the dealer and we were told that according to heartland "ONLY" our unit was designed to have auto leveling between the grey tanks ...

Funny, if it "was" auto leveling why did grey 2 fill up and not auto level between the 2 tanks ?

So I want the factory to tell me ...

Personally I thing the city water leaked into the grey 2 tank and filled it up ...
There was water leaking onto the carpet and from somewhere over and behind the drain side tires ...
Even gave them the pictures I took ...

danemayer

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you more about your plumbing and help get the dealer to actually work on the problem.

gregattaway

I just got off the phone with Ron @ heartland ...

GREAT conversation and extremely informative !!!

TY again for the number ... !!!

gregattaway

How about sharing what you learned from Heartland.

Oh sorry :)

Ron never heard of a auto leveling grey water system in any rig ...

He said the way to test for leaks is to fill up both tanks and see if the standing water in the sinks drop and then look for leaks ...

He thought grey 1 was for bathroom shower and sink and grey 2 was for dishes and washer ... 1st time we were told this as the dealer we bought from never did ...

But in any event we never used enough water to fill either and he was not sure if the fresh water could by pass and fill a grey tank ...

But something did ...

TV issue he thought might be a feedback from a connector/wiring ...

He said the dealer could call to discuss and I already shot an email to the service tech giving him the info and phone number to call ...

porthole

Retired
Your first two questions seem to be directed at Heartland.
Even though this daughter board is "Ask The Factory", that is kind of a misnomer as to what it really is. The factory does not actively follow this board.

Hint; maybe time to rename this board slightly????
Half the responses people get when first time posting here is that the "factory does not monitor it".

Unless your Cyclone is built different then every other Cyclone, I would think that:

Grey #1 is for the shower and bathroom sink.
Grey #2 is for the galley sink and the washing machine (since your washer would be in the garage).

Unless tank locations have changed they should be:

Grey #1 & black are forward under the basement compartment, mounted lengthwise front to rear, side by side
Grey #2 above and behind the axles.

No interconnection of the grey tanks except at the 3" sewer drain outlet.

All the tanks are on the same relative level on the two axle Cyclones, as we have no drop frame.

When the grey tanks are full you should notice a few things.

For the shower/bath tank, when full the bathroom sink will start to drain slow or maybe not at all. The Shower may start to build up water in the pan. Both are clues the tank needs to be drained.

For the galley, the sink will start to drain slow or not at all.

There are no physical connections of the fresh water supply and the waste tanks.

Do you have cats? We have had at least one member whose cat turned the sink faucet on and drained the freshwater tank. 100 gallons of water has to go somewhere and the galley tank only holds 40.
Kids???

The standing water test in the sink may or may not yield the results you need.

The tank is vented to the roof.
If you have a full tank and then fill the sink, it will continue to drain, although very slowly until you reach an equal level of water in the sink and water in the vent pipe going to the roof.
That could take some time. And if the tank, sink drain and vent pipe are in proper condition it will yield only that you have no leaks.

If you were to fill the tank that full, and found your vent pipe was leaking and not installed properly, you would not be the first.

The tanks are all below floor level. So, I would start by careful examination of all the sink plumbing at least up to what you can physically see before it goes through the floor.

gregattaway

You sir are dead on !!!

TY !!!

Your first two questions seem to be directed at Heartland.
Even though this daughter board is "Ask The Factory", that is kind of a misnomer as to what it really is. The factory does not actively follow this board.

Hint; maybe time to rename this board slightly????
Half the responses people get when first time posting here is that the "factory does not monitor it".

Unless your Cyclone is built different then every other Cyclone, I would think that:

Grey #1 is for the shower and bathroom sink.
Grey #2 is for the galley sink and the washing machine (since your washer would be in the garage).

Unless tank locations have changed they should be:

Grey #1 & black are forward under the basement compartment, mounted lengthwise front to rear, side by side
Grey #2 above and behind the axles.

No interconnection of the grey tanks except at the 3" sewer drain outlet.

All the tanks are on the same relative level on the two axle Cyclones, as we have no drop frame.

When the grey tanks are full you should notice a few things.

For the shower/bath tank, when full the bathroom sink will start to drain slow or maybe not at all. The Shower may start to build up water in the pan. Both are clues the tank needs to be drained.

For the galley, the sink will start to drain slow or not at all.

There are no physical connections of the fresh water supply and the waste tanks.

Do you have cats? We have had at least one member whose cat turned the sink faucet on and drained the freshwater tank. 100 gallons of water has to go somewhere and the galley tank only holds 40.
Kids???

The standing water test in the sink may or may not yield the results you need.

The tank is vented to the roof.
If you have a full tank and then fill the sink, it will continue to drain, although very slowly until you reach an equal level of water in the sink and water in the vent pipe going to the roof.
That could take some time. And if the tank, sink drain and vent pipe are in proper condition it will yield only that you have no leaks.

If you were to fill the tank that full, and found your vent pipe was leaking and not installed properly, you would not be the first.

The tanks are all below floor level. So, I would start by careful examination of all the sink plumbing at least up to what you can physically see before it goes through the floor.

gregattaway

OK ... just picked up my rig and everything is working great !!!

The factory and the Dealership (La Mesa RV - Tucson) worked together and got it all fixed !!!

I got info the "original" dealer in TX never bother to tell us !!!