ATF: Sundance - rocker switch

cobrabdr

what is the purpose of the 120 volt residential rocker switch on the control panel within the closet next to the door?

danemayer

Hi cobrabdr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The factory may or may not respond, depending on who is doing what and other factors. But there are a lot of owners on the forum who may be able to help.

Does this switch hold its position when ON, or is it a momentary that's ON while you press it?

How do you know it's 120V AC?

What year and model Sundance do you have?

cobrabdr

Hi cobrabdr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The factory may or may not respond, depending on who is doing what and other factors. But there are a lot of owners on the forum who may be able to help.

Does this switch hold its position when ON, or is it a momentary that's ON while you press it?

How do you know it's 120V AC?

What year and model Sundance do you have?

Hi Dan,

The switch when pressed is a constant on switch.
The switch appears to be a typical residential switch.
The Sundance is a 2016 model 2880RLT

danemayer

Hi Dan,

The switch when pressed is a constant on switch.
The switch appears to be a typical residential switch.
The Sundance is a 2016 model 2880RLT

If it illuminates when turned on, it's likely to be the power for the electric side of the water heater.

If not, it may be controlling the outlet on the doorside at the front of the coach. Traditionally, if you hang lights on your awning, you'll plug into that switched outlet so you can turn the lights off at bedtime without going outside.

P

Paul.craven

If it illuminates when turned on, it's likely to be the power for the electric side of the water heater.

If not, it may be controlling the outlet on the doorside at the front of the coach. Traditionally, if you hang lights on your awning, you'll plug into that switched outlet so you can turn the lights off at bedtime without going outside.

I am confirming with engineering now, but I recall the rocker switch in 2016 operating the exterior electrical outlet as mentioned. I will advise when I have confirmation.

P

Paul.craven

I am confirming with engineering now, but I recall the rocker switch in 2016 operating the exterior electrical outlet as mentioned. I will advise when I have confirmation.

Confirmed, recept next to awning leg for plug in patio lights.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Paul! It is awesome when someone from Heartland pops in on a thread! Just makes this wonderful community that much stronger!!! Thanks again.