Atmospheric pressure relief valve

The black tank flush on our new Big Country 3650 rl would not work.
After. A little research I found the relief valve located behind the shower wall.
The valve was installed backwards from the factory. Cut the pex lines, reinstalled
The valve and the flusher works just fine.

Last edited:

pday1213

How did you know what to look for? How do you know it is installed backwards if I was to look at mine to check?

Thanks in advance.

The black tank flush on our new Big Country 3650 rl would not work.
After. A little research I found the relief valve located behind the shower wall.
The valve was installed backwards from the factory. Cut the pex lines, reinstalled
The valve and the flusher works just fine.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
way to go Ce !! Kenny and I were talking about it and he thought he had heard that was one place they put them. Our Sunnybrook was in the same place too..
I talked to Kenny and he says they have arrows on them .

I will try to attach a picture
If your black tank flush is not working, chances are it is the relief valve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 58

wdk450

Here is a link to whats in mine , the brass and white check valve both have arrows marking flow direction http://www.amazon.com/San-T-Flush-B...bs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y1FEDW55E73M33BGAFR

I noted that the breaker valve assembly you bookmarked was $46, and at the bottom of the page among other options was this valve (without external fittings and check valve) for only $12. http://www.amazon.com/Cash-Acme-173...sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EM92Q02HYY99A5DWF6D . I think you could get the external fittings to go to 1/2" PEX tubing for the $12 valve for much less than the difference cost of the $46 valve

I also saw the old plastic valve like the B&B Molders valve Heartland used to use, for $46, at the bottom of the first bookmarked page.

sengli

I had my relief valve on my last two rigs leak when attempting to flush the black tank. Shooting water into the wall behind the showers, into the basement. So I eliminated that valve and all of its associated extra plumbing. I no longer trusted it to not leak anymore.
Installed a brass one way manual valve in-line with the flush line and no more worries. So I could access the that valve and see what was happening all the time behind the basement wall, I also added an access door.

Attachments

• blacktank.jpg
    blacktank.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 35