Atwood GC10a 4E

SolBug

I have a 2013 Cyclone 3110. I know others have probably asked, but my Atwood water heater is not working on electric. It works fine on propane. It worked fine on electric a month ago, but then we did some traveling and now it isn't heating? It even worked once on electric, since we've been sitting still, but then nothing the next morning. Thoughts?
A common fix seems to be the circuit board> does this sound like a possible solution?

Bob.jr

This is what happened to mine.
Check your connections for a loose neutral wire.20171203_113017.jpg20171203_113027.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

I have a 2013 Cyclone 3110. I know others have probably asked, but my Atwood water heater is not working on electric. It works fine on propane. It worked fine on electric a month ago, but then we did some traveling and now it isn't heating? It even worked once on electric, since we've been sitting still, but then nothing the next morning. Thoughts?
A common fix seems to be the circuit board> does this sound like a possible solution?
The issue could be a couple of different things. You are right, it could be a circuit board. But it could also be a loose wire, a bad heating element, or even no power coming from the switch in the RV.
If it is a heating element, these can be found at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc..... Circuit boards, being 10 years old, you may need to try Dinosaur Electronics.

SolBug

The issue could be a couple of different things. You are right, it could be a circuit board. But it could also be a loose wire, a bad heating element, or even no power coming from the switch in the RV.
If it is a heating element, these can be found at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc..... Circuit boards, being 10 years old, you may need to try Dinosaur Electronics.
Would a bad element go from working to ka-put over night? It seems like home wh elements kind of slowly die. This one just quit all of a sudden. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob.jr gave you good advice, I've seen that several times.
And yes the water heater will work today and be dead tomorrow.
A water heater element is only about $11 so why not just install a new one?

Peace
Dave

SolBug

Bob.jr gave you good advice, I've seen that several times.
And yes the water heater will work today and be dead tomorrow.
A water heater element is only about $11 so why not just install a new one?

Peace
Dave
Yeah, I took a look through the little access port and it's kind of a mess in there. The neutral wire could definitely be compromised. I actually bought a replacement element already in anticipation of needing to switch it out. I'm also trying to determine if anything else might be bad, so I can kind of do it all at once.
thanks for the advice