Automatic TV stand malfunction?

Jimmy

I have the RE model where the TV raises up out of the cabinet. One of the arms (left) that pushes up the lid is cutting (Metal rubbing) a groove into the lid and leaves white powder from the solid top in front of the TV when it is closed the next time. Dealer has not been able to correct problem yet, they are trying, I am just trying to see if anyone has come up with a solution. Both arms have the rubber tips, but the edge of the metal still digs in...

Thanks!

jpajax

I always lift the lid by hand and let it rest against the back wall. But you could glue two runners on the bottom of lid and nylon caps on top of lift or put rollers on the lift. You have to realize that that lid is pretty heavy and it would take pressure off the motor that lifts the tv by doing it by hand.

K

karykatz

I recommend taking your unit to your local dealer and chking on your TV mount. This is the first I have heard of this in the field.

I hope this helps.

Willym

Mine rubs a bit, but I'm not too concerned about it. I'll probably round off the offending metal edge so that the plastic end stop does the rubbing. A job for a rainy day.

cjhicks

I have the RE model where the TV raises up out of the cabinet. One of the arms (left) that pushes up the lid is cutting (Metal rubbing) a groove into the lid and leaves white powder from the solid top in front of the TV when it is closed the next time. Dealer has not been able to correct problem yet, they are trying, I am just trying to see if anyone has come up with a solution. Both arms have the rubber tips, but the edge of the metal still digs in...

Thanks!

We have a 2009 3410RE and have not had any problems like you have described and we just push the button to raise and lower the tv and the cover at the same time. I would guess that the arm that is making the groove is out of alignment.

Jimmy

Thanks for the Info. I dropped it off at dealer again today, we will see what happens, I'll keep you posted...

Jimmy

Well I got it back today, they glued two felt strips on the lid where the upright arms rub. It seems to have fixed the problem.