AV Jacks in Toy Hauler

HELP! I am at a loss on how to make the tv work with anything other than a DVD player. Where are the av jacks originating from? I connected them to the tv and nothing I get no signal. We have a winegard pathway x2 can someone help me with this? I am at a complete loss.

danemayer

HELP! I am at a loss on how to make the tv work with anything other than a DVD player. Where are the av jacks originating from? I connected them to the tv and nothing I get no signal. We have a winegard pathway x2 can someone help me with this? I am at a complete loss.

Hi Blessedwith4,

Are you saying that your over-the-air antenna doesn't work? Or are you saying that you have only tried satellite and can't get it to work?

When you ask where the av jacks originate, what jacks are you talking about?

Before anyone can help, I think we need a clear understanding of what exactly you are trying to do and how you're trying to do it.

Btw, duplicate posts aren't allowed, so I've deleted your other thread.

Hi Blessedwith4,

Are you saying that your over-the-air antenna doesn't work? Or are you saying that you have only tried satellite and can't get it to work?

When you ask where the av jacks originate, what jacks are you talking about?

Before anyone can help, I think we need a clear understanding of what exactly you are trying to do and how you're trying to do it.

Btw, duplicate posts aren't allowed, so I've deleted your other thread.

We only have satellite and I can't get to work in the toy hauler garage. Would the garage satellite be fed through the living room tv? I am okay if does I just want it to work! :) Would it be the coax cable that comes own from the ceiling or the yellow, white, red cords hooked into the ceiling? I just don't know how it is wired and the owner manual doesn't help at all. We have the satellite working in both the bedroom and living room we just finally got around to mounting one in the toy hauler.

danemayer

Here's a link to a Cyclone coax layout that MAY be what your trailer has - if no modifications were made before you got it. And some people have reported that the diagram didn't match their trailer layout. So this is just a starting point.

Note that there a quite a few splitters in the cabling path in order to serve multiple TV locations. Some people have reported that the factory installed splitters were of the type used by Cable TV, and that they weren't rated for satellite frequencies. So you may have to either run some direct wiring, or change splitters.

It's also worth checking the coax connector crimps to make sure the connectors aren't loose and that there are no stray strands of the ground wire shorted to the center conductor.

And just as in homes, when there's a coax connector near the TV, you need a satellite receiver that hooks up to the coax on the wall, and the TV is then connected to the receiver.

The first time setting up, it's a good idea to run coax directly from the satellite dish to the receiver, without using the trailer wiring. After you get it working, then tie into the trailer wiring.

Here's a link to a Cyclone coax layout that MAY be what your trailer has - if no modifications were made before you got it. And some people have reported that the diagram didn't match their trailer layout. So this is just a starting point.

Note that there a quite a few splitters in the cabling path in order to serve multiple TV locations. Some people have reported that the factory installed splitters were of the type used by Cable TV, and that they weren't rated for satellite frequencies. So you may have to either run some direct wiring, or change splitters.

It's also worth checking the coax connector crimps to make sure the connectors aren't loose and that there are no stray strands of the ground wire shorted to the center conductor.

And just as in homes, when there's a coax connector near the TV, you need a satellite receiver that hooks up to the coax on the wall, and the TV is then connected to the receiver.

The first time setting up, it's a good idea to run coax directly from the satellite dish to the receiver, without using the trailer wiring. After you get it working, then tie into the trailer wiring.

That wiring guide answers a lot of my questions about how the tvs are wired together. I had no idea. So I'll try something new today and it seems on the diagram that living room tv and garage tv aren't wired together at all which is what we were trying to accomplish ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One more question, is this the same wiring that the 4113 has and the 4005 I have friends that have the same camper and the one is new and they may need the wiring guide also.

danemayer

One more question, is this the same wiring that the 4113 has and the 4005 I have friends that have the same camper and the one is new and they may need the wiring guide also.

That's the latest one we have posted on the forum. But Heartland makes changes all the time and a newer trailer may be a little different.

Tell your friend to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have their VIN # ready. They can ask Customer Service to email them a copy of the appropriate coax layout.

If they get one that's different, and they email a copy to manuals@heartlandowners.org, it can be added to the collection on the forum to help the next person.

That's the latest one we have posted on the forum. But Heartland makes changes all the time and a newer trailer may be a little different.

Tell your friend to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have their VIN # ready. They can ask Customer Service to email them a copy of the appropriate coax layout.

If they get one that's different, and they email a copy to manuals@heartlandowners.org, it can be added to the collection on the forum to help the next person.

Ok thanks I'll pass on the information, so can you tell me what the yellow red and white av slots in the ceiling of the toy hauler are for then?

danemayer

Ok thanks I'll pass on the information, so can you tell me what the yellow red and white av slots in the ceiling of the toy hauler are for then?

On some trailers, heartland has installed R/W/Y AVI connectors with a cable connected to the TV so you don't have to gain access to the back of the TV to connect an A/V component. Don't know if that's the case with yours, but it may be.

porthole

Retired

Before you go to crazy I would start with removing all the jack plates and see if you actually have any coax connected to the back side.

As to the R/Y/W - geez they are still using that? And in the ceiling of all places?
In the past a small jack was located someplace close to the main TV for things like games and audio players.

On some trailers, heartland has installed R/W/Y AVI connectors with a cable connected to the TV so you don't have to gain access to the back of the TV to connect an A/V component. Don't know if that's the case with yours, but it may be.

Is there by chance a diagram for the AVI wires in this camper. I'm not very good with technology and not sure I quite understand where the AVI jacks feed to or from, or what they are there for.

porthole

Retired
It appears to be a 2015, not a 2018 model.

Your point? in 2015 (2014 build year) who was still using composite cables? And in the ceiling of all places.

And the 'check to see if there is coax attached' is valid for any year.
I didn't know my pre-wired for satellite 2009 build Cyclone was in dreams only. Found that out when we installed the Traveler at Goshen 2015.

Is there by chance a diagram for the AVI wires in this camper. I'm not very good with technology and not sure I quite understand where the AVI jacks feed to or from, or what they are there for.

Just an update. We figured out where the r/w/y wires go and they connect to the CD player in the toy hauler. Seems to simple. lol Still can't seem to it to work with satellite. Hopefully we will figure it out.

Cabindoc

If you add a sat receiver to any tv and run your cable to the receiver. Also, use the shortest cable >50' from Antenna to receiver. In my garage and master I get OTA tv just fine using trailer wiring. Haven't bothered to add receiver but did so in main salon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderbolt

Before you go to crazy I would start with removing all the jack plates and see if you actually have any coax connected to the back side.

As to the R/Y/W - geez they are still using that? And in the ceiling of all places?
In the past a small jack was located someplace close to the main TV for things like games and audio players.

As of 2018 they are still using the R/Y/W jacks. It seems that they have not caught up with the HDMI technology yet. Quick primer on satellite signals. You cannot just add a splitter to the cable to run the signal to another device. You have to have a device called a multi-switch. Then at each device, you will need a receiver. The multi-switch is set up and powered where the signal enters the coach. Each device will then have a separate cable run to it from the multi-switch. You might have to install separate cables for you satellite system and leave the current cables for park cable systems. As is said above, check each and every plate to make sure there is a cable attached.