Votes: 39 21.0%
  • 55~65

Votes: 58 31.2%
  • 65+

Votes: 70 37.6%

• Total voters

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We are 42 and 48 and after tenting for many years we bought a slide in Lance. After wearing out two fivers, we bought our first TT this year.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
49 and 50 here. We have been RVing for 16 years and looking forward to at least 25 more years of it!!

Kbvols

49 and 50 also. I have been RV' ing since I was 12 in families RV. Wife and I spent 1 night in a tent and that was enough of that. We have had a pop up , travel trailer and now 5th wheel.

chiefaret

68 and looking at the results posted a relative newbe to RV scene. Only have been doing it for about 5 years.

55 and 56 here started tent camping as kids then pop ups and now north trail with slide an rear bunks for kids and grand kids.looking forward to iowa amanas rally have been fight stage 4 colon cancer all summer but with help from dw and ds we have manged about 7 times out.feelin much better so went camping this weekend just us two. Wow forgot how quite it can be . Hee hee.

Lynn1130

Both of us are 69 and started tent camping when the kids were little and we had no money. I camped with my parents (Colorado) when I was little and dad and I camped, fished and hunted many a location in CO and NM. Our kids still camp too and are part of our yearly family camps in the mountains of AZ. Our first trailer was a Coleman popup, and 5 years later we upgraded to a pull trailer. We went to the 5th wheel in 2011 and have continued our adventure. Most of our camping is dry camping/hunting/quading and we continue to visit some of the full service sites at times when we travel cross country but camping 10 feet from another trailer is much like living in the city and that is what we camp to get away from so it is off to the woods we go when ever we can.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm 54 and Cathy is one year older than I am.

When I was a kid we tented, trailered and had a motorhome . . .

When I grew up (Cathy says I never did grow up :p ) . . . I was into boating, so tented when we went camping/boating.

After moving from Michigan to Colorado in 1995 (left the boat behind), we got back into tenting . . . slept in the old van a few times during torrential downpours that made the tent miserable . . . which led to our first TT purchase in 2001.

That old trailer (1978 Coachman Cadet 24) was a piece of junk . . . but it was our piece of junk . . . we called it our 'tent on wheels!'.

Nothing worked in it except the electricity and the furnace (which screeched so loud that it really was useless) . . . but it was comfortable and could handle up to eight people.

We stopped at a couple of RV dealerships a couple of years ago just looking to see what was out there when we spotted a certain Heartland Trail Runner that we liked.

Three months later we went back to that dealership and it was gone, but Cathy went online and located the same model at another dealership just down the road . . .

This Thursday (9/11/2014) will be our second anniversary owning it!

Old and new:

CampSite-P9030033.jpg Camper10767.jpg SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg Campout2012-PC270054.jpg SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg Newtruck&trailer-IMG_20140829_090639644.jpg

mobilcastle

I am 59 and my Cathy robbed the cradle. She is 60. We have been camping about 5 years. 1st was an SOB 5ver. We then moved up to our present 5ver to full time in.

JohnD

I haven't pulled the trailer in the mountains yet . . . will get that chance next week when we go to Rifle, Colorado for the Colorado HOC Fall Rally!

But I have been pulling the trailer around town and on the highway a little bit to get used to it.

Night and day difference between my old 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 (which I just sold last week and shed a couple of tears as it left my house).

With the new truck, it is almost like there isn't an 8000 pound trailer hooked up to the rear end of it!

For the first time ever I'm looking forward to conquering Floyd Hill . . . Eisenhower Tunnel . . . and Vail Pass!

jimtoo

You are supposed to be talking about how old the people are.... not how old the trucks are.... Please don't change the subject of the post. :)

Jim M

JohnD

Really old . . . or really new!

You are supposed to be talking about how old the people are.... not how old the trucks are.... Please don't change the subject of the post. :)

Jim M

Yeah . . . but sometimes the age of the truck reflects the age of the owner! :cool:

TruckAtGig-P1010904.jpg NewTruck2500HDsm-IMG_20140822_202351380.jpg

slborba

Re: Really old . . . or really new!

I'm 45 and Maria is 44. We just became fulltimers on 12 August. We are staying at the Ft. Meade Base Campground until I retire from active duty on 1 September 2017 (after 30 years active duty).

--Steve

'Lil Guy'

Re: Really old . . . or really new!

I'm 45 and Maria is 44. We just became fulltimers on 12 August. We are staying at the Ft. Meade Base Campground until I retire from active duty on 1 September 2017 (after 30 years active duty).

--Steve
Thanks for your service. You young men and women who serve are greatly appreciated here. On another note, I'm 64 and DW is 62 and not a day goes by I don't hear about it. Looking forward to retirement in a short while. Lots of country to explore. Looking forward to traveling around the country and just taking it all in real slow.