Awning Rolls Up Crooked!

We have a Landmark... almost from the moment we got it two years ago, the awning rolls up and won't snap into place because the metal arms are "pulled" out of alignment. We brought it back to be fixed once and they said "oh yeah we just tightened it" But now it's to the point that when we put the awning in it requires two people pulling the arms into place while another person pushes the button. HELP! Is there a set screw somewhere? Is there a motor calibration? We are long time, full time rv-ers. We have tried everything we know... Nothing in the manual either.

danemayer

Hi Lizzytish97,

If your Landmark has the 2 year warranty, I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. I think they'd agree that there's something wrong and having been adjusted once, perhaps it's time to replace. They may want a service tech to make that determination, so they may point you to a nearby dealer.

Having pictures that show the metal arms out of alignment may help the discussion along.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might try moving the awning sideways in the track on the camper.
You will have to remove two small screws. One on each side of the awning rail.

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
You might try moving the awning sideways in the track on the camper.
You will have to remove two small screws. One on each side of the awning rail.

Peace
Dave

That's what fixed ours when it got out of alignment and did the same thing...

MCTalley

That's what fixed ours when it got out of alignment and did the same thing...

Same here. We lived with the issue for more than a year before the great service techs at this year's national rally fixed it in two minutes. Had we known...

swiftk77

We had our new gateway in our driveway one day before the UPS driver backed into the awning while it was out. I was horrified, but all he did was knock it out of alignment and I simple pulled it back into alignment and it has been good ever since.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whp4262

I've had to slide the awning in the track on my Cyclone a couple times to realign it so it would roll up straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk