Awnings

larkinstuart

How long should these awnings last??? We have a 3055 2006. and one corner is not looking to good. Looks like if a big wind came it would tear.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like you are nearing the limit ,think I might have one more year on mine........Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ours is an 07 and is wearing down as well. I've left it extended in some pretty windy situations and even though it's well secured, it gets beat up pretty good. I've also noticed lately some cracking in the plastic/vinyl as it rolls in. I'm hoping for one real strong gust this winter. The question is, do I replace with new fabric or a new electric awning.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Our 08 Sundance's Awning is starting to look like it is on its last legs. Plan to replace it this winter.

hobie17j

We had an awning last 13 years and looked as good as the day we bought it when we traded it off....just takes regular cleaning and care.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had an awning last 13 years and looked as good as the day we bought it when we traded it off....just takes regular cleaning and care.

I agree, when we were weekend or short term campers, we had long life from our awnings. When full timing and in the sun all day, every day, it gets pretty much abused. Cleaning is a regular thing several times a year. Using 303 on it would help but that gets a little expensive too.

Bksvo

I think one of the keys to longevity is keeping it out of the sun - the UV rays eat up the fabric. Of course the whole point of having an awning...

They don't last more than a few years in Arizona unless you cover them when not in use. On my old Terry, I made a cover from aluminum gutter (about $20 of materials) and screwed it on when in storage. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do on the 3800 yet.