Back up camera 2022 fuel

just bought 22 heartland fuel 305 , what is the best and process of the back up camera ,looks like it is prepped for it already

Hollandt

just bought 22 heartland fuel 305 , what is the best and process of the back up camera ,looks like it is prepped for it already
It is prepped, but my Fuel was wired in the running lights thus you had to have the running lights on for the camera to work. I rewired the camera to a normal 12v circuit and installed a switch so I do not have to run headlights during the day. Note I use the camera as a rearview while traveling. I find the use as a backup less than useful.

It is prepped, but my Fuel was wired in the running lights thus you had to have the running lights on for the camera to work. I rewired the camera to a normal 12v circuit and installed a switch so I do not have to run headlights during the day. Note I use the camera as a rearview while traveling. I find the use as a backup less than useful.
What camera did u go with if your happy with it .thx for the response !

Hollandt

What camera did u go with if your happy with it .thx for the response !
Was on the RV when I purchased it, it is a Furrion Model FOD43TA-BL It seems to work well. It is reasonably clear and functions well while traveling. I have not had any reception issues at all. I think there maybe other options now that include additional cameras on the sides as well. As mentioned above i utilize it more as a rear view camera and not a backup camera.

Last edited:

jmarnell

We use the Furrion Vision S camera on our Cyclone. Works great as an observation camera. I use it basically as a rear view so I can see what's going on behind while heading down the road. I've found it helps a lot. I bought the version that also has the side view cameras, but I've found I usually don't use those so I would recommend the version just with the one rear observation camera.