Backsplash tile, sliding shelves, and wall covering.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Since we got our 3585 last Fall, Mark has been planning modifications. These are the ones we have photos for. (Moderators, I don't know why some of my phtos have come in with the wrong orientation, but maybe you can fix it? Thanks.)

The backsplash behind the stove and the bathroom sink needed to be covered by more than just wallpaper, so when we found this really thin, light tile, we knew it was the stuff to use.

bath tile.jpg stove tile photo.JPG

Due to an unfortunate incident between a chair and a wall, he wanted to find a way to cover a small dent. This is vinyl and went up very easily.

wall photo.JPG

The pantry in the hall has very deep cabinets so Mark found these sliding shelves. They come in several different widths. He also installed some magnetic locks to these doors to prevent them from opening during travel, but I don't have pictures of those.

shelves photo.JPG

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since we got our 3585 last Fall, Mark has been planning modifications. These are the ones we have photos for. (Moderators, I don't know why some of my phtos have come in with the wrong orientation, but maybe you can fix it? Thanks.)

The backsplash behind the stove and the bathroom sink needed to be covered by more than just wallpaper, so when we found this really thin, light tile, we knew it was the stuff to use.

View attachment 25195 View attachment 25196

Due to an unfortunate incident between a chair and a wall, he wanted to find a way to cover a small dent. This is vinyl and went up very easily.

View attachment 25198

The pantry in the hall has very deep cabinets so Mark found these sliding shelves. They come in several different widths. He also installed some magnetic locks to these doors to prevent them from opening during travel, but I don't have pictures of those.

View attachment 25199

Where did you get the shelves and the tile from? DW likes both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Nice - that looks like the same "tile" I used in my kitchen retiling (documented somewhere on the forum).

jimtoo

I just did the glass tile myself... of course I stole the idea from the forum here. I got the tile from Lowe's... Home Depot has almost the same stuff. Thanks for the idea Gus.

Jim M

Gus,,, I was just looking at your pictures again...would you believe I just purchased (2 weeks ago) and installed the exact same kitchen faucet that you have in the picture.. :)

ParkIt

I just did the glass tile myself... of course I stole the idea from the forum here. I got the tile from Lowe's... Home Depot has almost the same stuff. Thanks for the idea Gus.

Jim M

Gus,,, I was just looking at your pictures again...would you believe I just purchased (2 weeks ago) and installed the exact same kitchen faucet that you have in the picture.. :)
Heart Land likes the idea as well it seems with the tile backsplash in the kitchen, some of the newer units come with it installed. I wonder if they also shopped at HD for it... ;)

Ziggy, I do like your mod on the tile in the bath behind the sink...been thinking about that part myself and what to do. Might use a lighter color since the mirror is about 4" above the counter with a vessel sink, keeps the Walenda flying toothpaste from showing up so quickly.
One thing I will have to do is put a piece of clear plexi-glass on the outside of the shower wall, there is a small gap between the sink vanity and shower where I know DH is going to somehow get shaving cream splattered on it. Really odd place to have a small gap.

Oh, where did you find the gravity defying pull out racks? I need those! Looks like it would keep the sauce at the top of the bottles eliminating the use of a knife or pounding on the bottom until it splatters onto everything but the piece of food it was intended for. ;)

Garypowell

It all looks great!

i think he used "rev-a-shelf". Lowes has them but a more extensive display on line. I used one when I removed my stove and cooktop for storage and to put in an Induction cooktop.

They are really great shelves.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I'm also am pretty sure they are Rev-a-shelf from Lowes. We have them installed throughout our home and the DW wouldn't be without them

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
They are rev a shelf. I really like them and they were easy to install. We saw the tile on clearance at HD, but they didn't have enough of it. I went to their website and found it there. The tile for both rooms and 1 sheet extra, just in case, came to about $60. He used what was left to tile the tops of a couple of small sofa tables we got off of Amazon.

The tile looks a lot like the tile looking wall paper HL put behind the stove. I tried to find a picture of it online to shoe before and after, but all I found would not copy over.. Mark didn't think about taking Picts before he started.

I knew some others had put up tile, but I didn't know it was the same stuff. This is a lot lighter and more flexible than real ceramic tile.

I really like what he did with the walls on the sides of the area below the small back windows. He took a piece of molding down to the paint store and had the color matched. It looks like it has always been there.

BTW Don't believe the dealer who tells you that you don't need the tie down straps over the recliners. They moved enough to catch the slide. It left a dent in the wall where the corner of the chair caught, broke the screw that held the front brace for the fender skirt in place, made a small dimple in the skirt near the rear where that brace attaches and pulled the slide enough to cause it to sit crooked. The slide straightened out just fine and the brace was easy to fix. The cosmetic stuff inside was the problem.

Kristy