Bad antenna cable

My wife and I recently bought a 2014 pioneer 27tb last year and come to find out the cable going from the booster to the antenna is bad. I decided to look into replacing cable myself as I am in the industry but just had a couple questions on the easiest way to replace. I tried to use existing line as a drag and it did not work, question is do I need to pull antenna off the roof to get the cable into the ceiling and over to wall to get down to the booster? Do I also need to remove the wall in the bedroom to get cable down from the ceiling as the hole is pretty tight.

Thank you you for the help in advance!

jimtoo

Hi Franger1983,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. Also welcome to the posting side of the forum. As you have seen if you have been lurking around the forum for a year we have great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully someone that has the same unit will jump in soon with some advice.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Franger1983,

You may not have to replace the cable. There's probably a barrel connector joining 2 segments and sometimes it's just loose or one of the connectors is loose. Unscrew the directional antenna knob and reach into the opening in the ceiling. You should be able to fish out the coax and you'll find that the piece that goes up to the roof is separate from the piece that goes to the booster. If the connections are loose, you'll be able to fix it in a few seconds. Also check the connectors and replace if necessary.

Thank you for the reply. I did unscrew the handle and tried to pull it down but it did not want to down very easy and not being to familiar with it I did not want to break anything. How hard do I need to pull down on it? Once I take the four screws out it should just pull down and off? It seems as if there is a spring up? Just being very cautious.

Roller4tan

unscrew the handle first, there should be a set screw on the handle, this will release the handle, crank and spring from the shaft . You should be able to remove the plate after that.

priorguy

Did you try changing the F connector first. Often times in my experience it's been a simple poorly done termination.