Basement storage area floor has rotted

wyleyrabbit

The basement floor on our 2009 Bighorn 3055RL has gone rotten on the off-door side. Clearly, the universe has decided it's time for me to do yet another project on our beloved trailer.

I assume that others have done this job already. I don't know yet whether I need to replace only the part of the floor that has gone soft, perhaps two or so feet from the side, or whether I'm doing the entire floor. It only seems soft for the first couple of feet but I haven't removed the rubber yet to do an inspection.

Does anyone happen to know what the original floor material is? Is it just OSB? Any idea how thick it is?

sengli

I have a 2011 big country, and it seems the hot water tank, must have leaked on the previous owner. So our floor in the basement is also rotten, only on the water heater side. The floor material on ours was OSB particle board with a darco under liner.

wdk450

If you don't get a timely answer, you might use the forum search at the top right of any forum page using search terms like "basement floor". This seems like a problem I have read about on the forum by other owners previously, but I have been on the forum almost 15 years now.