Batteries??

pegmikef

I don't about that one, but I use 2 group 27 12 Volt batteries in mine. That is the biggest batteries that will fit the boxes that came with mine. I would prefer Trojans six volt batteries, but they won't fit the boxes that came with my BH.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We too have 2 grp 27 12v deep cycle marine batteries in our BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it has a residential refrigerator, I expect it'll be two group 27 12V batteries.
If a gas absorption refrigerator, probably one group 27 12V battery.

Dan, our new BC has two batteries even though we have the gas absorption fridge. Have not spent time figuring out how they are wired, but at a glance I see red and black wires going between the two battery boxes.

Ok, i'll have to ask, what exactly is a "two group 27 12v battery"? Is it two batteries, it can't be 27 batteries. Explain to the novice please. Thanks in advance!!

danemayer

Group 27 refers to battery size and capability. They are 12V. The larger trailers used to come with one. With the advent of residential refrigerators, that don't have a gas mode of operation, Heartland began shipping two batteries along with that frig. Now they're apparently shipping two batteries on some models regardless of refrigerator choice.

Noofear

Group 27 refers to battery size and capability. They are 12V. The larger trailers used to come with one. With the advent of residential refrigerators, that don't have a gas mode of operation, Heartland began shipping two batteries along with that frig. Now they're apparently shipping two batteries on some models regardless of refrigerator choice.
My 2015 Bighorn 3875 FB also came with 2 batteries and a gas absorption fridge

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Trail Runner bumper pull came with two batteries, but our Prowler only came with one!

pegmikef

I think they changed a couple of years ago. My BH is a 2014 delievered in July 2013 and it came with two vented battery boxes, but only one cheap battery. I just bought a pair of group 27s and put the cheap one in our beater (96 Dakota).

dlw930

Same as Mike, our 2013 LM, built 10/2012, came with 2 boxes & vents but only one battery.