Battery disconnect -- where do I find it?

I have a 2017 mallard m27. Where would I find the battery disconnect? Or do I just detach the battery from the cables?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely your Mallard did not come with a battery cutoff switch. As mentioned here you can install one easy enough.
If you choose to just disconnect the battery cable be sure to disconnect the - cable first. There will be no need to disconnect both cables.

Peace
Dave

CarterKraft

A point brought up to me when I added my switch was to always remember to have the switch on when towing as the brake-away circuit is powered from the RV battery in the event of disconnection.

That might be obvious to you maybe not so to others.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A point brought up to me when I added my switch was to always remember to have the switch on when towing as the brake-away circuit is powered from the RV battery in the event of disconnection.
Or, a good alternative would be to run a dedicated wire from the breakaway switch to the battery. That would be my preference.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

That might be obvious to you maybe not so to others.

Follow the postie cable from your battery toward the trailer. It should connect to a breaker within a few feet. Off that breaker should be 2 lines. One to main power (apply cutoff switch to this line) the other line will be a cable to your brake controller. That cable should also be the one wired to your umbilical cord, which will also allow the battery to be charged, when connected to the truck (even with the cutoff in "off" position)

This way you can drive with power off to trailer.