Battery Mounting

T

Tfitz

We picked up our new NT 28BRS last night and the dealer transfered over our two batteries from our old trailer,(they were brand new) as I was helping him I noticed that there were no ends on the rails that the battery boxes sit on. They are strapped down with the traditional battery box straps but when pushing on them to ensure they where tight they do tend to slide no matter how tight you pull the strap. Should I be worried about them sliding out the side while cornering? When I asked the dealer he seemed to think they where fine. Has anyone modified theirs? Oh and I must say I think I should get into trailer detailing because I do not think there is a dealer out there that has a detailer that actually knows what detailing means. My wife and I spent 5 hours wiping down every thing, removing sticker glue from surfaces and vacuuming up sawdust. My 2005 we sold was cleaner and it had been on its share of camoing and quading trips.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had a 2008 N.T. 28BHS and we added a new box to hold a battery and some of our leveling blocks. It worked very well and we only had about $40 tied up in it. I'm sure it would hold 2 batteries.

These are the only pics I could find.

23kdyma.jpg

5lb4gz.jpg

pegmikef

I use standard snap-top battery boxes. I had to order them from JC Whitney because nobody in San Angelo had the ones that fit Trojan 105 6 V batteries (they are taller). Anyway, make sure that the strap retainers were installed on the rail under the boxes. On one new trailer I picked up the retainers weren't installed and all that was holding the battery was its weight. If the standard strap is threaded through the retainers and is tight, the box cannot slide from side to side. I used self tapping metal screws to install the retainers. The retainers come with the battery boxes (about nine bucks each), but the screws they provide are really too small and are for marine applications.

Attachments

• retainers.jpg
    retainers.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 41
  • batterybox.jpg
    batterybox.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 39
T

Tfitz

Thanks pegmikef! Now that makes sense and come to think of it I think I still have those in a drawer in the garage from when I first bought the battery boxes