Bedroom slide out pops out 3" on its own?

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
3 times in the last 2 months or so, we have noticed when our rv is in storage, the bedroom slide out pops out about 3" on the bottom. Looks like somebody just bumped the switch and the bottom started out. After the first time, we figured we forgot to fully put it in all the way. After the 2nd time we were beginning to think we had ghosts. Now, after the 3rd time, we have ghosts or the slide has a problem? Any solutions?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have no idea what to really do here, but, if it was me in this situation I would start by disconnecting all the power just to rule out any short anywhere. Other than that it would have to be some kind of adjustment issue.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your bedroom slide is hydraulic then I suspect you have a bad hydraulic cylinder at that slide.
I went through that with the kitchen slide. It would open as we traveled.
It most likely has an internal leak where it looses pressure due to bypass.
There is a method for testing if that is the case. It involves removing one hydraulic line and looking for fluid. I don't remember the exact procedure now but will look for it when I get home tonight. Unless someone else posts it sooner.
We are on the last leg of our trip home and I am getting ready to hitch up now.

Peace
Dave

WilmanJim

You might try and shut off the bedroom slide hydraulic valve after you pull it in and see if it still comes out. That might let you know if it's the cylinder. JAT

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Turning off the valve will have no effect if there is an internal leak. I have been through this.
Here is a Lippert sheet for the procedure on checking the cylinders.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 0076-hydraulic-cylinder-test.pdf
    610.1 KB · Views: 24

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
These may be of some help as well.

Peace
Dave

Attachments