bend in axle

buster155

I have a 2016 bighorn 3760 EL,I noticed today that my axles seem to be higher in the middle and lower by the brake backing plates, is this by design or are they bent?
thanks for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

JanAndBill

"Camber" is how your tires sit on the pavement. Ideally under load they should be straight up and down so the tread sets flat on the pavement. Negative camber means top of the tire leans in and positive means they lean out. To much of either will cause your tires to wear unevenly. Most trailer axles are designed with a slight bend in the middle that when load is applied it deflects bringing the camber at the trailer wheel as close to 0 as possible.

avvidclif

If the axle is straight start thinking about clearing out some of the junk that grows in an RV. If it bows down don't think about it do it.

wdk450

If you are really proactive, and have about $400 to spend, you can take the rig to a truck axle alignment center where they will put a laser alignment system onto your axles and literally bend them into all the different parameters of alignment.