Better bushings?

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
2015 BH 3685RL-were in our second camping season and I recently noticed when I repacked my bearing and changed the seals that our transversed mounted shocks on our axles have rubber bushings that are showing quite the wear and tear. I know the shocks are fine, but I'm worried about the bushings deterioating furthur. Has anyone had the same situation and has anyone found better/blue neoprene shock bushings?

-Ira

Last edited by a moderator:

rxbristol

Yes, the bushings wear out REALLY fast. If you just want to replace the bushings, buy the polyurethane type because they will last a long time. I bought mine from Summit Racing, but I don't have the size handy.

Dawnnira

Yes, the bushings wear out REALLY fast. If you just want to replace the bushings, buy the polyurethane type because they will last a long time. I bought mine from Summit Racing, but I don't have the size handy.

They applications for rv suspension at Summit? Or do I need to get some kind of numbers off the shocks?

-Ira

rxbristol

You can take the measurements from an old bushing and base your search on that. These are pretty much standard type bushings.

mlpeloquin

I had to get a set in Black and Red since they did not have enough black ones.
Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-9-8104G - $2.97/set of two
Energy Suspension 9-8104G - Energy Suspension Shock Bushings Part Number: ENS-9-8104G
Bushings, Shock, Polyurethane, Black, Bayonet Tower End, .625 in. Long, .375 in. I.D., 1.125 in. O.D., Pair
(Mfr. #: 9-8104G) 4 Box A (Ohio Warehouse)

Dawnnira

I had to get a set in Black and Red since they did not have enough black ones.
Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-9-8104G - $2.97/set of two
Energy Suspension 9-8104G - Energy Suspension Shock Bushings Part Number: ENS-9-8104G
Bushings, Shock, Polyurethane, Black, Bayonet Tower End, .625 in. Long, .375 in. I.D., 1.125 in. O.D., Pair
(Mfr. #: 9-8104G) 4 Box A (Ohio Warehouse)

I will check it out and let you know how I do...thanks

-Ira