Big Country on the way out?

GOTTOYS

I've been eying up a new Big Country. I think they represent an exceptional value. It seems that Big Country dealers are getting harder to find. When I bought my 2011 I think there were at least four dealers in MN that carried them. Now there is only one. Pretty hard to find in the surrounding States as well. Why are the all the dealers dropping them? Is this a model line that is destined to become another orphan? It looks to me like Heartland is putting a lot of emphasis on bring out new product lines in the same price range while the lowly Big Country is just coasting along without many changes...Right or wrong?...Don

Jim.Allison

I doubt they are giving up the brand. Those labels cost money to develop, you don't quit making Coke so you can make more Dr. Pepper. Forgive the analogy, but they have a lot invested in that name, its just not likely that they will put it on the shelf and forget about it.

donr827

JimB will have the answer for you I would think. RV manufacturers will quit making a brand that is not making a profit or it could be that the dealer makes more profit off the Bighorn then they do the Big Country. The dealer will stock more of the profitable trailers.....JMO.........Don

J

Joel.Eberlein

The Big Country brand is a key part of Heartlands luxury 5[SUP]th[/SUP]wheel line-up and most defiantly not going away. There have been many enhancements and new floor plans added for the 2015 model. Such as The 3900FLP, industries FIRST luxury 5[SUP]th[/SUP]wheel with a side patio; which was introduced at the fall Hershey Show in PA.

In Minnesota the Big Country Dealers are Neal’s Motor Sports in Long Prairie and recently Minneapolis Trailer Sales added the brand to their dealership. Heartland is always in dialog with potential new dealers that are good partners in representing the product with a knowledgeable sales staff and capable service facilities.

Joel Eberlein | General Manager - Big Country & Elkridge | Heartland RV

GOTTOYS

I doubt they are giving up the brand. Those labels cost money to develop, you don't quit making Coke so you can make more Dr. Pepper. Forgive the analogy, but they have a lot invested in that name, its just not likely that they will put it on the shelf and forget about it.
Heartland is discontinuing the Silverado, the Edge, the MPG brands and probably others. Forest River dropped the Everest brand and many others...so yes, while it does cost to devolp a brand the names are frequently dropped...Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Big Country brand is a key part of Heartlands luxury 5[SUP]th[/SUP]wheel line-up and most defiantly not going away. There have been many enhancements and new floor plans added for the 2015 model. Such as The 3900FLP, industries FIRST luxury 5[SUP]th[/SUP]wheel with a side patio; which was introduced at the fall Hershey Show in PA.

In Minnesota the Big Country Dealers are Neal’s Motor Sports in Long Prairie and recently Minneapolis Trailer Sales added the brand to their dealership. Heartland is always in dialog with potential new dealers that are good partners in representing the product with a knowledgeable sales staff and capable service facilities.

Joel Eberlein | General Manager - Big Country & Elkridge | Heartland RV

Thanks Joel, and welcome to the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I think we need more then one hand to count the brands that have left Heartland in the last 5 years.

MCTalley

Hopefully they keep the Big Country around for a while. We will most likely buy another when we go to replace our current one in 2022.

:rolleyes: