Big Horn 2011 3070

portliz

We are looking at this model. The dealer is asking $xxxx0 Canadian. It has dual pane windows, trailair hitch, central vac, fireplace and micro/convection oven and a few other minor options. Dealer will put on new tires and warranty the rig for one year. After doing some research this seems like a really good deal. Any comments?

Any owners of this model? We currently have a similar floorplan in another mid level unit. Looking to upgrade to heavier unit as we spend 5 months in Florida. How is the storage in this unit? What do you like? What would you change?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLO

We have a 2012 3070RL. Doesn't have dual pane windows. I have a 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box, which I like. Fireplace, convection micro, vac, island counter. Storage in basement and inside is great. Lots of counter space if you have the island counter. Harder to cool with one A/C, two A/C would be better. Bathroom is nice and big and enough room around bed. What I don't like: Don't like having to move the recliners each time the slides come in or when you set up the couch air bed. DW would like a king size bed and I would like a little bigger shower. It is a very livable trailer though and easy in and out once I replaced the three step with a four step. We will be replacing it shortly with a 3685RL to take care of the things I mentioned above. Sticking with Bighorn brand. It's a good quality built trailer.

Good luck with your decision.

Gizzy

We have the 3070 and love the open floor plan. The biggest problem we have is the pin weight seems to be heavy for a coach of that length. After towing for over 4 yrs, the large basement storage area is now only half full. Had to get rid of stuff we did not absolutely need to reduce the pin weight so it will be within limits, ie, rear axle, pin box and hitch limits. It tows great and we like the fact that we have access to all needed areas when the slides are in.(We opted to not get the movable counter just for this reason).

SeattleLion

We have the smaller 3160. My only advice is to check the weight carefully. Our trailer, which is lighter than yours, pretty much maxes out the payload capacity of a 2014 F350. This is one trailer that needs a full 1 ton truck.

Westwind

PortLiz - answered your questions via PM, it sounds like you have a good deal there, especially with the one year warranty. It sounds like the dealer has confidence in the condition of the trailer. See if he will honor work done while your on the road or while snow birding with a Mobile RV Service and get it in writing if you can.
Good Luck.