Big Horn 3260EL Availability

RVFun4Us

Hi all. Within the last year, we have gone to several RV shows that contain Heartland products and have only found one where a 3260EL was present last year. We just went to a show this last weekend in Central Oregon and only 3 Big Horns were there, no 3260EL. They did have a 3160. When searching through Google and Oregon dealers, even Craigslist, I just can't seem to find any 3260EL coaches in the Pacific Northwest. All kinds of 3160s but no 3260s and yes, there is a difference between the two. So my question is this: Is there a shortage of these models or are local dealers just choosing not to carry them? All searches end up in central and eastern U.S. locations. Oh, and when I do seem to find one on-line at a dealer, most of the time it shows sold. So I am thinking it must be a popular model and maybe because we are in the midst of the 2014 to 2015 model year change so maybe all 2014s are gone and 2015s have not yet arrived. We really like this floor model from specs and floorplans. So is the model a popular one or maybe unpopular so dealers don't carry?

Any thoughts?

Bob

danemayer

Hi RVFun4Us,

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. The Bighorn management team should be able to tell you which dealers in your area have a 3260EL in stock and perhaps even who has one on order.

RVFun4Us

Thanks Dan. Just seems odd that all the Heartland dealers I have researched in this area don't seem to be carrying this model. I will wait for awhile and see if they get it in when all the new 2015 stock arrives. Everyone seems to be unloading the 2014 inventory right now.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I had a dealer order my 2015 BH 3260 this past April and took possession in May. At the time I only found one 3260 within 300 miles and it was not equipped the way that I wanted. They are worth ordering and the wait!

RVFun4Us

Bobby and Linda,

How do you like your 3260 so far? I had heard there was a refrigerator door clearance problem when the slides are in where you cannot open the refrigerator. Is that true? Also, is there an issue with the bathroom door not opening unless you are on the steps (hinges on door on wrong side)?

There seems to be a wide gap in prices for the 3260s I have seen on-line. Were you able to get a good deal by ordering at the dealer?

Guess if we want one, we may have to go the same way. But still begs the question, "Why is there such a shortage of 3260s out there?" Is the demand so high that they can't keep them on the lot or is it because there is little demand for them. Like I said in the original post, there seems to be a lot of 3160s out there.

superduty08

Sheri & Bob, the frig will not open with the ds slide in. We knew that and adjusted easily. When traveling and stopping for lunch, we open the ds slide about 1 foot and can open the frig. usually at rest areas. When loading at home I have to hitch and pull it out from the house to make that happen. The bathroom door opens into the hallway which seems natural to us. It hasn't been an issue. As far as pricing goes, I got a quote from a wholesaler (Capital RV) and used that to bargain. I was able to order it for that price plus transportation cost. I was ready to pick it up at Elkhart if the dealer wouldn't work with me and they wanted a sale. This is our second BH and we love this one more than the first. I wanted dual pane windows, 6 pt level system, second ac, yeti package and several other things that raised the gross weight to 15500# and g rated tires. The first 3260 we saw was during the factory tour at the 2013 Goshen rally. We tried to forget it but it kept coming up. I found one at a camping world and had to have another look. Of course it didn't have everything that we wanted but it renewed the bug. We ordered it in April and it arrived as a 2015 on May 5th. We have about 5k on it now and still love it! Go into the dealer with your homework done and try to hold them near wholesale. Good luck. Bobby

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a plan we liked back in 2013. I could not find but a handful around the country. The next model year, it was dropped by HL. Dealers must like other plans better, that's why there aren't many out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVFun4Us

Bobby;
We are curious as to the location of Capital RV, is it the one located in North Dakota? We checked that location on the internet and they don't list Heartland as a brand the carry.
Thank you so much for all the information you shared.
Sheri & Bob

Sheri & Bob, the frig will not open with the ds slide in. We knew that and adjusted easily. When traveling and stopping for lunch, we open the ds slide about 1 foot and can open the frig. usually at rest areas. When loading at home I have to hitch and pull it out from the house to make that happen. The bathroom door opens into the hallway which seems natural to us. It hasn't been an issue. As far as pricing goes, I got a quote from a wholesaler (Capital RV) and used that to bargain. I was able to order it for that price plus transportation cost. I was ready to pick it up at Elkhart if the dealer wouldn't work with me and they wanted a sale. This is our second BH and we love this one more than the first. I wanted dual pane windows, 6 pt level system, second ac, yeti package and several other things that raised the gross weight to 15500# and g rated tires. The first 3260 we saw was during the factory tour at the 2013 Goshen rally. We tried to forget it but it kept coming up. I found one at a camping world and had to have another look. Of course it didn't have everything that we wanted but it renewed the bug. We ordered it in April and it arrived as a 2015 on May 5th. We have about 5k on it now and still love it! Go into the dealer with your homework done and try to hold them near wholesale. Good luck. Bobby

JanAndBill

We will have had ours 2 years this coming November, and for the most part we are as happy with it now as we were when we bought it. The freezer doors will open when the slide is in, but not the lower doors on the fridge. There is a valve you can close just above the pump that allows you to individually open the slides, but we have since found that the kitchen slide goes out first anyhow, so if we need in we can open it enough that we can access the fridge. The bathroom door is a PITA, you have to stand on the steps to open the door, but we've gotten used to it.

superduty08

I've read where they have closed and that is sad. You could build your unit on line and get a wholesale bid back real quick. Our old BH bath door opened the same way so I guess we didn't have a problem with this one. Unless we are in the bath, we leave the door open against the wall so it's already open to enter. We also use the manifold to shut off the slide that we don't want to move. We can barely open the door to squeeze in when I park at the house. The gutter is only 8" from the door and the fence is only 12" on the other side. That's why I leave it at our farm under a pole barn most of the time. The 3260 is taller than my old 3055.

SeattleLion

Fife RV has one now. Check it out. We bought two trailers from them including our 3160 Elite. They are pretty good as RV dealers go and their service organization is really good.

RVFun4Us

Seattle Lion - That is interesting. I was doing a search on the Heartland site for dealer locations and it does not show the Fife dealership. So I guess that site is not reliable for listing all the dealerships that sell Heartland products. Anyway, I went onto the Fife website and you are right, there is a 3260EL on internet special right now for $**. Last year they were running in the mid $**s at end of model year so definitely higher. Also, we looked at the brand new 3270 floorplan and also like the way that one will lay out. But they evidently will not begin turning out these models until November. We are not in a hurry so can probably wait to look at the 3270 and then compare.

Capital Wholesalers sounded like a good place to go for pricing information. Too bad they are now gone.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

We ordered ours in 2012, it ....at the time was brand new floorplan. Our is now 2 years old. We have replaced the original furniture. Water pump died, and now I have some small leaks on the twist on connections behind the shower, and kitchen sink. Over all its been a good unit. We removed the bedroom, and bathroom doors. The bathroom door swings in a manner that blocks the hallway. The 3260 isnt one of the cheper floorplans it list is like $64K....so maybe dealers wont stock them cause they are slightly bigger (37 feet), and maybe costly??