Big Horn shower door handle-keeps coming off--glue fails

etcmss

shower door handle came off again-3rd time. each time with gorilla glue and sits for over 15 hours with no water-lasts about 5 days or so. so have you had this happen? what kind of repair (glue) did you use?
Gary

lynndiwagoner

I ditched the rubber thing and used 5 minute epoxy to glue the handle directly to the glass. Carefully clean the glass first and use painters tape to mask off the area around where the handle goes, leaving a small area around the edges of the handle clear. Mine has been on for about a year after this procedure. It was a messy process.....

etcmss

ditched the rubber liner from the handle and have now used Loctite super glue directly to glass (it was clean). we will see, this product says glass and metal bonding.

OldTanker

Well I guess I'm not the only one that had this issue. I'll be looking for RV goop now. Been without the handle, on both ends of the doors, for months now.

bobw

I had the same problem and solved it using silicone. Make sure that you let setup for 24 hours. :eek:

Roller4tan

I tossed the rubber and cut a piece of gorilla tape to fit, added some Powergrab caulk and beat the handle on with a rubber mallet. Solid now.

Roller4tan

put the tape along the edge and wrap on each side, similar to the original rubber. Add the power grab to the edge and slightly along the side. It's a tight fit (which you want), hence the rubber mallet.

SeattleLion

When the trailer was at the Seattle RV show, the handles were on the floor. Eventually (8 months later), the dealer put them back on. He used silicone. I strongly suggest using a very flexible cement like silicone. The reason for this is that the metal handles will expand at a different rate than the glass door. To avoid stress and also prevent falling off again, some clear silicone does the job.