Big Horns,

Mariposa

10-22 We stopped in Amarillo for 2 nights. Wind was in gust of 45 to 50 mph.
A Big Horn 3850 came in. Hooch was the owner. (from the movie, Turner and Hooch) He had the Morris's doing the driving and feeding and the outside walks. Burt, Mr. Morris, said he would be checking the web site out. They were headed east. Couldn't talk much as it was cold and windy. They were gone in the morning.
Another Big Horn was in the park, but I never saw any one around

deee2

Hey, Mariposa!!

Steve and I were staying at Terrible's Lakeside RV resort when you left the note on our rig. We were sorry to miss you! We met up with friends there, so were out and about a lot! How neat you have a calling card, now I want to make some too. Great idea.

We're in Hawthorne, NV now, heading home to Sparks, NV tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the note!

Donna :)

jbeletti

Donna,

Twenty-five calling cards will be bundled with each membership kit for the Heartland Owners Club. Just got 5,000 of them in. Now if I can just finish training my Yorkies to stuff those little plastic bags :)

Jim

Mariposa

deee2
We also moved and now we are at Gold Run RV just west of Reno, in Verdi
our son lives Reno and works in Truckee.

Mariposa

more Big Horns

10-27 two Big Horn moving south on Highway 95. Late morning south of Tonopah, probably about one hour apart. We were headed north.

jcd8822

Joseph
The old Air Force Base in Rantoul, Ill, was given by the U.S. Government to that city and they use part of it as an RV Park. We stopped in there on our way home to Texas over the weekend and we saw an interesting 8 X 10 picture of a Bighorn hanging on the wall in the office. It was surrounded by water of their new lake. It seems that earlier this year the park started to flood during a storm. Good free advertising for the Bighorn. LOL Does anyone want to take ownership of that "Bighorn in the Lake?? "

Joseph

deee2

We'll pass on that Bighorn on the Lake! I'd rather back up TO a lake than be IN it! LOL

We're home now until Spring. HOW SAD!!! It's time to winterize our rig and we hope to get that done in the next couple of days. I keep trying to tell my DH that an acre and a pretty big house is too much if he wants to travel a lot. Sure wish we didn't have to winterize.

Sniffle.

Happy trails to all of you still on the road... Be Safe!

Donna :)

Mariposa

staying around a while

deee2
We are hanging around the Reno area for a bit. Watching the weather. Our "little house" has a brake problem. I need to get that check, before heading west.
We too had a house that was too big, land that was too much to care for. The plug was pulled about 5 years ago. Full timing has been fun for us. This a big country and there is lots of things to see.
See the USA
Keep on traveling
Bob

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Leaving Sunday Morning for East Ridge Tennessee, staying a week. It is only 30 miles from home, but that is the point, away from home. Meeting members of local Good Sam's Club and having our Thanksgiving meal together. 38 in the morning 60 in the afternoon. Sounds like some camp fires at night. Come on down and join us.