Bighorn 3750 heating with Propane issues

bgtygte

The bathroom gets really hot. The master bedroom a little. Living room a little and the kitchen vent NOTHING. I looked at the heater and it's very hard to get to first off but there are 2 flex pipes coming out of the top that seamed crimped. I asked them to fix this since I'm the second owner and the would not even though it seems like it's a known issue with these. Does anyone know a good fix for this without paying an arm and a leg to fix there mistake???? Thanks

danemayer

Yep, warranties exist to fix manufacturing defects that show up during the warranty period, and in the RV industry, warranties don't convey to 2nd owners. So your choice is to dig into it yourself to find the problem, or pay a repair shop to do it for you.

If you are getting zero airflow to the kitchen vent, the duct may be disconnected at either the furnace or at the register. You might unscrew the register to see if the duct is attached at that end. If it is, then you'll need to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage to inspect the other end where it should be attached to the furnace.

You may have as many as five 3" ducts attached to the furnace plenum, along with a 1-1/2" duct that goes to the underbelly. On many floor plans, you can reach the ducts where they attach and make sure everything is in place.

If a duct is pinched, yes airflow will be restricted. You may have to replace pinched ducts. You might be able to attach the new duct to the old one and pull it through into place.

Or you can bite the bullet and pay someone to crawl into it for you.

bgtygte

Yep, warranties exist to fix manufacturing defects that show up during the warranty period, and in the RV industry, warranties don't convey to 2nd owners. So your choice is to dig into it yourself to find the problem, or pay a repair shop to do it for you.

If you are getting zero airflow to the kitchen vent, the duct may be disconnected at either the furnace or at the register. You might unscrew the register to see if the duct is attached at that end. If it is, then you'll need to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage to inspect the other end where it should be attached to the furnace.

You may have as many as five 3" ducts attached to the furnace plenum, along with a 1-1/2" duct that goes to the underbelly. On many floor plans, you can reach the ducts where they attach and make sure everything is in place.

If a duct is pinched, yes airflow will be restricted. You may have to replace pinched ducts. You might be able to attach the new duct to the old one and pull it through into place.

Or you can bite the bullet and pay someone to crawl into it for you.

Thanks for all your help. It does have 5 air vents so this is going to be fun... lol They did not leave any room on the top for ducts. But they put them there anyway and pinched them.. WOW they don't care.. lol

danemayer

Thanks for all your help. It does have 5 air vents so this is going to be fun... lol They did not leave any room on the top for ducts. But they put them there anyway and pinched them.. WOW they don't care.. lol
My furnace is mounted horizontally, so 4 ducts come out toward the door side of the rig and the others come out toward the rear IIRC. Sounds like on your floor plan, they have the furnace vertical because something else takes up the front-to-rear spacing. If the 1-1/2" duct is not coming off the top, it might be a better fit there.

kkamshop

We use those magnetic floor register vent covers and partially cover the bathroom and bedroom vents - might help you too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can get at it, modifying the flexible ducts off the furnace is simple. Just remove one end from either the furnace or floor register and cut off enough to take the kinks out. One of the first "mods" I did to ours was cut three feet of excess out of the bedroom duct and put a metal elbow on the register under the floor. The elbow took out a kink leading to the register. Originally, it drooped behind the wall to the floor and then into the storage area.

And all of my registers have been replaced with adjustable ones so I can keep the bedroom and bathroom from being ovens while the rear of the coach was a meat locker. It's a 10 year old furnace and it doesn't care that some of the registers can be closed off.

Attachments

• UDC rear.jpg
    UDC rear.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Bdrm Heat Duct.JPG
    Bdrm Heat Duct.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 33