Bighorn 3750Fl

jjacbah

Hi,
My wife and I are looking at taking the plunge into trying our hand at full time rving. We really like the layout of the 3750Fl and wonder how people who own them like them. We have read posts about having a refrigerator in a slide being a bad idea. Has anyone had issues with their slides?

Thnak you for any insight you can give us!

John and Karen

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Our refrigerator has been in a slide and trouble free for six years.
I'm not saying there can't be a problem, heck there can be problems in any locations
Why would it be a bad idea?

Peace
Dave

rdufek

Hi,

We have the 3750FL and love it. The primary reason we got it was because of all the outside storage, it is enormous with 3 pass through compartments. That said, we Love our residential refrigerator, but, after spending an hour making sure I winterized the water line going to our residential refrig. properly, I still wound up with a leak in the waterline this spring. After reading many posts, I agree to abandoned the use of the waterline to the refrig., it's much more less of a hassle than to try to redo the water line. I throw ice into the ice maker when I want to use it and then I have ice. I will probably invest in the Dometic portable ice maker down the road. I always carry water bottles in the refrigerator so there is my cold water. We also had a issue with our motor breaking loose off the wall for the cable slide on the wardrobe in the bedroom which in turn cut a bolt on the cable and had to replace cable and bolt. A minor inconvenience but was reasonably repaired through our dealer. Again, we LOVE our 3750FL and while not full timing it at this time, we could definitely do full timing if we had to in this unit. We are into our second year with our Heartland 3750FL and have many miles traveled with it. Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Bob and Valerie Dufek

And our beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC # 2858

padre44

We bought our 2016 this spring. First trip was a 4500 mile one to Glacier from Tennessee. Best RV we've ever owned. No problems, comfortable to live in and to tow. I've read here that the model is being discontinued - don't know why because its a great floor plan. You can get into one side of the fridge with the slide closed.

sgtbigb

We ghave a 3750FL and love this floor plan better than the 3 other Heartland products we have had.

mashfam1

We have the Bighorn 3755FL and LOVE IT - great separation between living area and kitchen - tons of room in the living room and bedroom. With the FL Bighorn, you benefit from the huge amount of basement storage - and going FT you will use it!! As for the fridge - we love the SXS and residential - we did reroute the water line to the fridge and have had no issues - We will never go back to a rear living - and Bighorn is a great product (in our opinion) Heartland is very efficient at taking care of their Clients - great to deal with......Easily a Full Time Rig!

jjacbah

Thank you everyone for your input. We just completed a deal to get a 3750FL. We are looking forward to getting out and enjoying it.

Thanks again,
John and Karen

rdufek

Congratulations!!! Enjoy!!! We love ours and can't wait for the 2017 camping season.

Bob and Valerie Dufek
And our beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC # 2858